
Yeah, I know, it's Tuesday!
- Sunday - Enchiladas made with leftover shredded turkey, rice, salad
- Monday - Shrimp in homemade alfredo sauce over penne, corn.
- Tuesday - Chicken picatta, parmesean cous cous, steamed broccoli
- Wednesday - Was planning on meat loaf but now I have to work so FG and the kids will either have chicken nuggets or a frozen pizza or soup - Daddy's turn to figure out what to feed these kids!
- Thursday - FG works so we'll be doing one of the options from Wednesday that FG didn't choose.
- Friday - Meatloaf, noodles, glazed carrots
- Saturday - Basketball game so I'm hoping we can go out for pizza beforehand
The homemade alfredo sauce is easy and yummy and full of fat!
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
1-2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken stock (I used turkey stock since I made it last week from our bird)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
a couple of handfuls of grated parmesean cheese (probably about 2/3 cup total? I eyeball it)
salt & pepper to taste
heat olive oil, saute garlic briefly and sprinkle flour all over pan. Whisk in chicken broth until lumps are gone and it starts to thicken. (This is where I added the raw shrimp). Whisk in heavy cream and nutmeg. Stir to thicken and cook on medium heat for a few minutes. Add grated cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Let thicken over low heat and serve over pasta.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Parmesan Couscous
1 can chicken broth
3/4 cup couscous
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan; stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in cheese and parsley.

No comments:
Post a Comment