Monday, December 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Nothing too exciting this week. I'm looking forward to getting back to "normal". We packed away all the Christmas decorations yesterday (I have an over-abundance and it literally took FG and I all day). We are all beat and all ready for some down time. We don't have grand plans for NYE, the kids will be with us. We are going to a basketball game and were also invited to a party. I told the hostess that we would see how the kids are and stop by to say hello. We definitely won't make it until midnight!
I'm having fun playing with my new ipod touch. Now I have the daunting task to getting all my contacts imported and my calendar. I've been using a Palm for so many years and they don't "talk" to each other. So there's a lot of data entry and transferring in my near future.
Here's our menu this week. Boring and normal, just what we are all ready for in this house! Plus, I promised the kids lots of playdates this week so the easier and low key I can keep it, the better for my own sanity!
  • Sunday - Spaghetti, bread
  • Monday - Balsamic pork chops, mashed potatoes, cauliflower
  • Tuesday - BBQ Roasted chicken, noodles, corn (FG is working Tue instead of Thur this week so this will go over well with the kids).
  • Wednesday - out to a favorite pizza place prior to the basketball game
  • Thursday - Beef tips* & gravy over mashed potatoes (I usually do this over noodles but I need to use the potatoes this week)
  • Friday - Chicken alfredo over noodles, veggies
  • Saturday - ?? another basketball game.

* Exported from MasterCook *
Beef Tips and Noodles in the crockpot


1 lbs. stew meat -- (1 to 2)

1 med. onion -- sliced

1 tbs. oil

1 can beef broth

1/3 cup flour

1 cup water
Saute onion slices in oil until tender and browned.Remove from skillet and put into crock.Brown stew meat in same skillet in onion/oil drippings.Remove from skillet into crock.Pour broth over meat and onions - season if desired (we like things more seasoned so I added some seasonings to ours. I also salt & peppered the meat as I browned it.)Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.I hour before serving, mix flour and water until smooth. Pour into crock pot and stir to combine. Continue cooking until thickened.
Serve over egg noodles

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy, I think I am going to drop the Menu Monday from my blog, it seems to be the one that nobody ever comments on, or do you think it is my choice of dinners?

Anonymous said...

Great menu! Have a Happy New Year!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com