Chocolate Surprises
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
large marshmallows, cut in 1/2
Cream shortening & sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Mix in other ingredients except marshmallows. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove from oven and press 1/2 marshmallow, cut side down, on center of each cookie. Return to oven for 2 minutes - no longer.
Cool on wire racks.
Frost with mixture of 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, milk until correct consistency.
I baked some of mine too long this time and the marshmallow disintegrated! I also eyeball the frosting. I think those measurements make too much frosting actually. But I do follow the general guidelines, I just don't measure.

No comments:
Post a Comment