I just got off the phone with FG. He got the quote for the built in unit we had planned for the front room. His client did not give him any sort of great deal. In fact, he added 10% PROFIT to the already outrageous price he quoted! So this will not get done. I'm totally bummed because I know he & I were both really looking forward to it. It will have to wait.
On a better note, we may (and I say may because it isn't started yet and I really don't want to jinx this one!) be getting granite counters next week. Which means I will be without a kitchen for a week but hey, I'll deal so I can have pretty new counters! Now I just hope that one doesn't fall flat either. :( We were just so looking forward to the transformation of downstairs with the addition of the built in unit and the new counters.
Oh, and the shade for the big front window above the entry way.... yeah, that's not happening yet either! Wow! That was one very very pricey shade. We've lived without it for 8 years, I'm sure we'll survive. But maybe that will kick me in the rear to finally pick a paint color for the wall and find a good fabric to make (read, have my mother make, maybe as my Christmas present) a curtain for that window. I don't want to cover the whole thing, I just want to give it some dimension. Right now it's a boring blank white wall, a big blank window and a shelf with some cool travel themed items on it like our metal globe on a tripod that I adore. The white and plain and boring needs to go!
Alrighty, off to take DD to a playdate. The mom graciously invited her over and told me I could take a few hours to myself. I don't have anything exciting to get done but it will recharge me a bit to play some more with her this afternoon.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry all of your remodeling wishes won't be coming true! We just installed a new sink in our kitchen today and I'm thrilled about that. You don't even want to imagine how I'd feel if I got granite counters! :)
Post a Comment