Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Easy Enchiladas

Sorry, no picture. They looked just like enchiladas though. Trust me. I think we've all seen enchiladas.

Easy Enchiladas
1 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used leftover turkey)
1/4 cup chopped onion (I used green onions because I had 'em)
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup sour cream, divided
1 10 oz can of Enchilada Sauce
6-8 8" tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
In a saucepan melt together the can of enchilada sauce, 2 cups cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth. Pour a small amount into bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly.
In bowl, mix chicken, onion, 3/4 cup sour cream and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
Warm tortillas so they are easy to fold. Fill evenly with chicken mixture. Roll and place seam side down in baking dish on top of sauce.
Top enchiladas with remaining sauce.
Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until hot & bubbly.
Sprinkle with chopped green onions, cilantro, black olives if desired.
This seemed to make a lot of sauce. I may cut it back a little next time but it didn't overwhelm the dish. I just saw that there was a lot left in the pan after we ate the enchiladas. I used mild sauce so it wasn't too spicy for the kids. Though they only ate 1 or 2 bites each. FG and I both enjoyed them though and I'm looking forward to having one for lunch today too. These could be made vegetarian (Liz :) ) with spinach or even with cooked small shrimp.
Enjoy!

No comments: