Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Because I won't remember tomorrow....

I am at the end of one of those "Super Woman/Super Mom" Days. You know the days where you have 10,000 things to do and you manage to get 10,001 things done? They are rare but they occasionally occur and when they do, you feel like puffing up your chest and holding your head high. So I'm going to pat myself on the back, toot my own horn, whatever. I'm gonna be proud of myself before I collapse into my bed and start round 2 tomorrow.
For those of you that have these days every day, Shut up and let me be happy. For those of you that think this is no big deal, Shut up and let me be happy. For those of you that have more children, more responsibilities, a high power job, heck, a paying job, Shut up and let me be happy.
Today:
Got out of bed at 6:30
Trudged downstairs and let the dogs outside
Usual shower, etc.
Got DS up
He requested a waffle & bacon for breakfast. Waffle was a frozen homemade one. Bacon was cooked fresh.
Made FG, DD and I egg mc muffins w/ bacon
Packed DS's lunch
Vacuumed the downstairs (yes, at 8:30 am!)
Got DD dressed in her Dorothy dress
CURLED her hair. Her ultra baby fine hair that she asked me to curl with a curling iron even though she's terrified of it. It was a fight but she ended up with adorable bouncy curls.
Gathered canned/boxed food for the food drive for DS's school
Grabbed the camera to take DD's pic at school
Packed DD's lunch with all the requested items
Got DD to school at 9:15
Took her picture with her teacher & a friend
Ran to the office to do some work
Went to Michael's for game prizes for DS's class party tomorrow & picked up a few little crafty Christmas presents for my kids (LOVE those 40% off coupons every week!)
Went to DS's school to help the teacher at 10:45
Took down all the artwork on the bulletin board in the hallway (1 million used staples anyone?)
Hung up new artwork/stories on the bulletin board
Cut apart other artwork that had been laminated and hung that on the wall around the bulletin board AFTER I hunted down some masking tape
Nearly got ran over by the 4th, 5th & 6th graders as they went to lunch!
Came home & gathered the dirty laundry
Changed out the bathroom towels
Hid the Christmas gifts I bought for the kids
Made a sandwich for me & then FG showed up and made himself one
Mixed up 4 pie crusts
Picked up DD from preschool
Sat down for 10 minutes and ate a Snickers bar
Emptied the dishwasher
Loaded the dishwasher
Did some dishes
Filled the ice cube bin & refilled the trays (I don't like ice makers)
Mixed up the filling for a quiche for dinner
Rolled out and baked one pie crust
Wrapped the others up to use this weekend
Cleaned up after all of that (more dishes and that includes drying them)
Cleaned DD's Ruby Slippers (sand from school :( )
Cleaned up cat puke
Took some laundry out of the dryer & folded it
Ironed half of the clothes in the ironing basket (most importantly, DS's clothes for his costume tomorrow)
Swept the kitchen & bathroom floors
Put the ironing stuff away
Chatted with a neighbor when I met DS coming off the school bus
Met my friend at the door when she dropped off her two DS's
Got the kids a snack
Got dinner ready & into the oven
Set the oven to come on while I was at the boy's acting class
Changed out a booster seat because neither boy was willing to sit in the pink seat
Left friend's DS & my DD at home with FG while I took the older boys to acting class
Took notes on DS's lines while they rehearsed
Finished cooking dinner when we got home from acting class
Fed the kids dinner
Fed FG and I dinner
Helped FG clean up after dinner
Washed dishes
Bathed DD
Put folded laundry away
Read DD bedtime stories
Helped DS get ready for bed
Cleaned out lunchboxes
Took out recycling
Put stain stick on DD's Dorothy dress so I can wash & iron it in the morning
Ran back up the stairs 5 times for various things the kids needed
Read a couple blogs & commented
Typed all of this out

Now I'm dead tired and I'm headed to my own bed! Besides the 10 minutes I sat down this afternoon, the 5 minutes I sat down to eat dinner and sitting on the floor at school cutting out the artwork, I didn't sit down from 6:30 am until 9 pm. Tomorrow is a little better but not much! I don't have as hectic of a morning but I have a hectic afternoon. Anyone else really looking forward to that extra hour this weekend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate you. (not really)

Venus said...

OH my goodness. That is insane. I commend you!