- It's Fucking Snowing. Forgive my language but DAMN! I knew it was coming. I watched the weather but holy shit it was hard to get out of my toasty bed at 6:30 this morning when it was dark and FREEZING. I had on sandals on Monday. And short sleeves.
- I worked at DS's school for 2 hours today. We are fortunate that there is an overabundance of parent volunteers. The kids are so cute. I am loving being there and listening to how the teachers interact with the children as well. FG told me maybe I should get a teaching certificate. I have thought about it but then I would have to deal wtih OKP. I think what I'm doing now is just fine for now. I like being there. DS knows I'm there to help with his teacher and class. And I get to spy on the other kids abilities when I'm checking homework. I was thankful today that about half of the class missed a question on a paper. Completely missed doing it altogether. Can you guess which half DS was in? Yep. We didn't even see it either. Also, when I'm making copies, I know what work he has coming up.
- Today is Friday. I don't have to get out of my warm bed at 6:30 tomorrow morning. I don't have to pack lunches, don't have to make sure the backpack has all the necessities, don't have to lay out clothes tonight for everyone, don't have to remind them to EAT constantly. Oh wait, no matter when it is I have to do that every meal. Damn.
- My father found out who I'm voting for and it isn't who he's voting for. He hasn't disowned me yet. I'm shocked. Hey, maybe he's figured out I am an adult with the brain in my head to form my OWN opinions. "I'm just a girl...." (thank you Gwen Stefani).
- My parents are taking my children away from me tonight. Whoohooo!

- FG and I are going out for sushi! And wine. Because I've never tried sake.
- Then we're coming home to get naked and hop into bed and I'm not going to worry about any sorts of noises I may make. (giggles like a school girl)
- Then we're going to catch up on some shows on the DVR, UNinterrupted.
- FG is getting up early Saturday to go play in a golf tournament at his club aptly named The Icicle Open. Ha! He's going to freeze his ass off!
- I get to sleep in and have a lazy morning to myself.
- I'm cooking a turkey dinner on Sunday. I'm going to attempt to save the bones and make stock too. Can you believe I've never done that?! Usually by the time the whole sha-bang is finished I'm over the whole cooking thing and don't want to look at any turkey bones. This weekend, discipline baby, discipline! (And FG and SMA doing all the dishes :D)
Friday, October 10, 2008
Random Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oooh Sake is amazing, you should try it, a Japanese beer and Sake, makes you euphoric!
I feel the same freakin' way about the snow. HATE IT! Plus, our furnace is broken, so that doesn't help.
Post a Comment