Friday, May 23, 2008

Today is better and worse than yesterday

Better because I get a reward for time served and good behavior.
Worse because the weather sucks even more than yesterday. Though it did rain over night so that's a good thing - we needed it.

My time served and good behavior is this: today I am doing laundry (and weeping into it because FG tightened my clotheslines and it's too icky out to hang clothes to dry! Which means I'm back to my winter ritual of one drying rack and some hangars and laundry taking for-ev-er instead of 1/2 a day like when I can use the clothesline!).
I'm also scrubbing bathrooms, dusting (my nemesis), washing floors, vacuuming and maybe I'll even scoop the litter box for good measure. Oh and the kitchen sink needs a really good scrub too. My good behavior is that I will do all of this with on a small amount of complaining - better known as bitching and moaning. I do get to do all of this while my kiddos are at school. So at least I won't have a gazillion interruptions.

My reward is that my parents called and want the kids overnight. Do you think they know that it's best for everyone if the kids go away for awhile. That just hit me when I was reading a post over by Queen of Shake Shake. Hmmm. I guess they like their grandkids enough to protect them from me. FG and I are going to go see Indiana Jones - if I get off my duff and order our tickets online. I just am not 100% sure what time to get them for. Gotta buck up and make a decision!

I have a wine review! As I shared few weeks ago, FG and I went over to N. California to a place called Amador County/Shenandoah Valley. It's a non-snobbish Napa and we luuuuvv it there. We ended up coming home with two cases of wine. (insert me doing a happy dance!). I did a nifty spreadsheet of our inventory so we don't go "Huh? What should we open for dinner? " and I also tied ribbons around bottles that we can take to gatherings at friend's houses. FG and I cleaned out the "cellar" which is the closet under our stairs where we have a wine rack and keep the stuff we don't want anyone but us to open or bottles we want to age for awhile. We also took every bottle out of the wine fridge in the dining room. We inventoried it all and graded it all. That is all neatly cataloged on the spreadsheet I made. Sorry, shoot us for being the organized and anal people we are, we can't help it! Anyyywayyyy, back to my point. On our trip we went to a winery we hadn't been to before - Bray Vineyards . Mainly because I saw a sign that said, "Brayzin Hussy" and it's a bit of an inside joke between FG and I that involves the word Hussy. That was OK, not our favorite and we didn't buy it but we did purchase two bottles of thier Barbera. Yum Yum! Smooth with just the right amount of sweetness. Not too dry with hectic tanins so you feel like you need to scrape your tongue off after every sip. It went down very easy! I have NO idea where it is distributed but if you see it on a menu, give it a try!

3 comments:

Heather said...

#1 I"m gnashing me teeth over the sleepover at grandma.

#2 My heart is broken that Brayzin Hussy didn't make the cut. With a name like that? Sigh.

#3 My day was made when I saw Winn Dixie had Mad Housewife wine on sale. Yippee!

Unknown said...

You don't have a DRYER? How does that even happen? What do you DO? Don't your clothes get all stiff and icky feeling when you lay them out inside? And how do you de-wrinkle things? Please don't say you IRON. Ironing is for LOSERS. Just toss that crap in the dryer and ta-da! Wrinkle free! (Usually.)

Congrats on the kid free night. My mama is keeping mine tonight. Yay!

A Mom Anonymous said...

Karly, silly girl! I do have a dryer and I use it but I take out anything that may shrink and hang dry it. Most things go in the dryer for a few minutes and finish on the drying rack or clothesline. And actualy I do iron. I hate it but I do it.