Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not making Tom Cruise happy over here

And do I care? Not even a teeny tiny bit!
See, I went to my annual appointment with my wonderful doctor and after reflecting on a post I wrote, oh about a month ago I told him I'm officially crazy. He chuckled and said he's seen it many many many times before and it generally hits women about my age. LOVELY. Then he informed me he could "fix" me one of two ways. He gave me a checklist of all sorts of things to do to make my life more miserable completely change my life. This included things like eat 6 small meals a day, give up red wine and sugar. He also handed me a prescription for a little pill. After going home and doing some research, talking it over with FG and thinking pretty seriously about it, I took the prescription into the pharmacy.
Now, as my body does it's usual thing, I can safely say that this has been a much more pleasant week for the entire family. My kids are NOT living in fear of mom's "wrath" as my 7 year old so eloquently puts it. In fact, he told me yesterday that he knows I love him because I take care of him, I do nice things for him, I hug him and tell him I love him a lot and because I got him a new Webkinz. My 3 year old hasn't been in tears or time out nearly as much as usual during this week. I even sat down and played endless board games with her the other day. endless And FG has been getting some unexpected rolls in the sack as well, when this is usually a definite "dry time" of "GET YOUR FREAKING HANDS OFF ME! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT KISSING ME! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU MALE MORON?"
This has been the best week prior to AF showing up that I can remember. I'm not all "happy in my pants, dancing on tables" but I'm not "let me stay in bed, I don't care what the kids do/wear/eat and no one talk to me" either. It's been a very good balance for a change. My pharmacutical experiment is proving to be a worthy one. So there Tom Cruise!

1 comment:

Heather J. said...

Holy Moly, you just described me.
Seriously.
I am in tears over here, I can't believe I'm not the only one.

I should go to the doctor...