- First off, I made some progress on the weeds in the front & side yards. I Hate our rock side yard. I wish it was all grass but then FG would have more to mow and it's on a slope and we would have to water it. That would be bad. But the weeds that grow in our rocks just suck. My fingers hurt!
- It's HOT. My kids and some neighbor kids had a grand time with the hose and some water guns yesterday afternoon. Then I shooed them off when we ate our dinner (pizza cooked on the PC pizza stone ON THE GRILL because it was so hot in the house I would have eaten it raw before I turned on the oven to bake it! I used the garlic dough I posted previously when I made calzones). I told them to come back at 7:45 for popsicles on the front porch. So they drew with chalk on the driveway and ate popsicles. It felt like August!
- Here's a yummy recipe I was planning to make tomorrow but now will get made on Monday. I know everyone has a version of it. This is the one I got from my grandma. It's simple and easy to make and I have played around and added chicken and various other yummies to it as well. It's all up to you - I love recipes like that!
* Exported from MasterCook *
Oriental Salad
1 package cabbage -- shredded
1 bunch green onion -- chopped
1 package ramen noodles
2 ounces slivered almonds -- toasted
1 chicken flavor packet from ramen noodles
1/4 cup vinegar -- 2 oz
3/4 cup oil -- 6 oz.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Combine cabbage, green oinions, noodles and almonds in salad bowl.
Mix chicken flavor packet, vinegar, oil, soy sauce and sugar in shaker or bottle with tight fitting lid.The mixture can be boiled first if desired.
Pour dressing over salad mixture when ready to serve and toss.
- Tonight I
get ridshare my children with FG's father and his wife. They are excited. I'm excited to get my sushi. - Tomorrow I have to dress up my children and make myself presentable and accompany FG to his golf course event. It's some event for prospective members. They asked us to attend. FG and I joke it's because we have children who are poster children for the Arian Nation (OMG, is that how you even spell that? You know "white people". Shows you how much I actually know about that!) Their little blond heads, the boy being born first, then the sweet (looking) little girl... Ha ha! If only these people knew our secrets! No seriously, I think it's actually because FG has put sooooo much time and effort into this Club and we are young members. We need some more young members up there without a complete nose in the air 'tude! It would be nice to go to dinner or an event with someone remotely close to our age. Most of the time we are chatting with the parents of people our age. ey yi yi.

4 comments:
I got an awesome weed puller! Its called the weed hound, you use it standing up and it gets them out by the root. Well worth the $20! I wish I could have told you before you did all the work,,, sorry about that.
I hear you on being the young ones in the club. We are the same way, at Mikes job and in our neighborhood. I dont like feeling like a kid at 31. OH well. Hope you have fun at the event.
perrrrfect for a hot day. love that recipe!
I love that salad...one of my favorites! And what is this mastercook thing?
Enjoy your sushi!
Karly, Mastercook is a computer program where I have all my recipes. It's very cool! It comes with a gazillion recipes too and I input my own. I even made a cookbook from it and had it printed awhile ago.
Sushi was good - ate too much!
Post a Comment