Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer, you are a tease!

Um, yeah, Hello!!! Four days ago I ran my A/C, at this moment, the HEAT is running. Spring, you are a bitch! Will you please take some meds or a yoga class or hell have a glass of wine - anything to relax and make up your freaking bi-polar mind!

Now I don't mind a little cool-down from the 95 degree temperatures at all. I don't mind a little rain because God knows we need the moisture. But really? Come on with the drastic shifts! My animals don't know what to do - shed, No wait! the winter coat needs to come back!, oh ok time to shed now, seriously, I'm freezing here, oh dammit I'm hot....

I should have expected this, it happens every year to some extent. But I'm still fooled and teased every year by Spring and impending Summer. Memorial Day weekend is always crap. I guess our BBQ will be inside and FG will have to layer up to go cook the burgers.

Alrighty, my rant is done...

Onto parenting things and the doomsday news. I am going to stop watching. I just have to. I thought last night that there will probably be an increase in suicides with the way this country is going. Then I had the scary thought that we may never be able to get bananas again. You see, if gas really does go up to $7 a gallon, we will never be able to afford to fly anywhere and any sort of vacation will have to be like in the 50's where the family saved all year and piled into the car. It was their one big get-out-of-town-once-a-year fun. I'm panicking. I already cut as many corners as I can, what is going to give to afford $7 a gallon gas and astronomical food prices? How f'ing depressing!!!

Then I have these kids who I want to have happy and good childhoods. Their lives are going to change as well. And someday they will be the ones who have to clean up this mess our country is in. On a happier note, DS lost his 2nd tooth last night. Took forever to come out and was literally hanging there for a couple of days. He got teeth late so it's not surprise that he's losing them later than most kids. But what a funny rite of passage for all of us. The tooth fairy gave him a dollar. I told him I used to get a dime. Inflation is everywhere.

(If you think I started up the meds a day or two late, what gave you that impression?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what? Your kids are going to have happy childhoods because they have two parents that love them dearly. It won't be the vacations you took together that they'll remember, it will be the impromptu picnic you threw together one afternoon and the giggle-fests in the evenings before bed, and the times you let them drink soda and make themselves sick on candy. THOSE will be the times they remember.

Unknown said...

Life was probably much more simple in the 50's, frankly I feel we would all be better off if we lived more on the simple scale. Our children would probably appreciate the things in life that truly matter.