Tuesday, May 05, 2009

According to the calendar - summer is getting closer

according to the weather outside, summer is far away. I'm so over this crud!

I registered my baby for Kindergarten yesterday. Oh. My. God. She's my littlest one! (not hard when I only have 2). I'm going to cry when I send her off to school. No way can she be old enough. Yet it does seem like she's been here forever sometimes.
I hope to fully enjoy this summer like I try to every summer. For Mother's Day I told FG he can just get me the passes to the waterpark. I have to buy one for DD this year. Um, yeah, that's $300 for us. But that's ok, we just have to go a handful of times for it to pay for itself. Last summer we went a lot and FG went with us one day and finally got the kids on the big slides and out of the toddler area. I'm going to have killer legs this summer from climbing the stairs hauling those big tubes up.

DS will also be going to overnight summer camp for a week. He also will possibly be doing some community theater stuff. I'm not so sure about that yet. We went for the "audition" this past Saturday and were surpised to see that the person running it is a Sophmore in High School. There were only 5 kids that showed up so we'll see what happens with that. I'm not so sure I want to commit to 2x a week rehearsals for the summer.
We also got both kids signed up for a Vacation Bible School at the church DD goes to preschool at. It was only $20 a kid for a week of mornings. I'm not real big on the VBS thing because I'm not huge on the church thing. But it will be fun for them and they can take out of it what they want. I want them to form their own opinions and I just strive for them to be decent people, not live by some book of stories or what some person tells them they need to do. (Can you tell I'm just not so big on the whole organized religion thing? It's really a take it or leave it for me.)

We want to plan some weekends away and take the boat out a lot too. I'm ready - bring on the warm temps!

No comments: