DS lost a front tooth at school the other day. It makes his sweet little face look funny!
FG got a Mini Cooper. Did I mention that already? It's fun! DS loooovvvves cars and he's been in love with Mini's for awhile. He loves to go on their website and design his own. So when FG got a Mini, DS was so obsessed he would go out in the garage and just stare at it. freaky.
Today there's a "Mini Rally" at a little cute mountain town less than 2 hours of winding 2-lane road away from us. FG planned to go and take DS for the afternoon (after his golf tournament of course). We haven't told DS because he would be so excited.
Then I realized last night that DS starts his acting class today with his casting agent. Damn bad timing. There's only 1 Mini Rally a year. shit.
But I've been trying to teach DS about COMMITTMENT and when you say you are going to do something, you follow through. So blowing off a class he's committed to taking in order to further his acting skills because it's something HE really wants to persue isn't exactly a shining example of committment.
I called his agent's office this morning because I realized I hadn't heard any confirmation on the class. Maybe it was cancelled. Maybe they didn't have him signed up and it was full. I held onto a tiny glimmer that maybe we could find a valid excuse to blow off the committment and do the fun stuff. Nice huh?
His agent happened to answer the phone instead of one of the staff. I was kind thrown off. So I identify myself and ask about the class. She says it's on and yes, they are expecting him. OHHKAAYY, that answers that one.
THEN she tells me, "I needed to tell you something because I was talking to an agent about him so we need to talk. Except I'm in the middle of a makeup shoot so I can't right now." Uhhh, ok what the hell do I do with that?!.
I'm sitting here thinking maybe she is speaking of the wrong kid. Maybe she mispoke. HOLY SHIT she is the only agent in our town so she must mean somewhere else and what the hell does this mean for him and us and oh my God what are we going to do is he really going to do a movie or a tv show or what the FUCK?!
Thus is my torture. I am not a "I've got something important to tell you later" kind of person. I do not wait well. My mind goes all over the place and I freak out.
I'll let you know. Right now I must go keep busy until it's time for his class and continually remind myself he's never actually done anything except his plays so the likihood of anything major is really minute. It's nothing, I'm sure of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment