Why, reorganize your kitchen cabinets, of course!
While browsing around yesterday, killing a bit of time in between my house cleaning and I looked at Laura's stuff over at Organizing Junkie. I was reading the posts about the kitchen organizing, checking out what great jobs everyone did. So when I found myself with some time on my hands today, a clean house, clean/folded/put away laundry and no ability to finish my planned errands I attacked a couple of kitchen cabinets that have been really bugging me lately. I didn't take pictures, sorry! But oh it feels good to have them done!
I purged some stuff, put some other things where they belong with like items and tossed a few items that I don't even remember the last time I used! I have much more organized small appliance cabinets and baking dish cabinets. My mixing bowls, roasting pans, mixer, sifters etc. were getting so out of control that I was dreading getting into the cabinet. Then with the addition of the new (and bigger!) bread machine, I was shaking my head trying to get it in the cabinet. I tossed the electric knife that we got as a wedding present 13 years ago. I only did so AFTER looking for the blades without success and plugging it in to see if it works - it didn't. Same with a few other things that were useless but taking up space.
Now I'm going to treat myself to a Vitamin C dose and a bit of relaxation before DD calls me from her sick bed. One of these days I'll tackle my utensil drawers. *I* know exactly where everything is but don't ask anyone else to find it!
Now, I have a small request. Will you guys please de-lurk???!!! I feel like a little kid here and want some comments! I know several of you that come check on me - I talk to you in other ways as well but there's a few of you I'm totally curious about!!
Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You caught me. I have been lurking. Sorry! I do read every word you write though. Know that. Sorry to hear you have a sick kid.
Can you take a picture of how you organize and keep your spices? Mine are seriously out of control. I would take a picture, but it is way too embarrassing.
I'll delurk! :)
I'm jealous that you had time to organize your cabinets because your house was already clean. That never happens here. NEVER! My house is always a mess!
Liz,
Heck no you can't see how I organize my spices! They are NOT organized at all. Well, like most things in the kitchen I know where it all is but nope, they are all just stacked in there together. It's another project for another day. I don't like those stepped thingys for spices or a lazy susan so I am waiting to find the perfect solution for me.
:) I know you check on me, just like I do you! Thanks for the comment though :D
Karly,
Ha! It's only because I worked my ass off the day before scrubbing everything and DD spent two days resting in front of the TV. She had no energy to do much of anything so that left me all alone in the house. It's not clean anymore though - not with the whole family home now. That only lasts about 10 seconds once everyone gets up on a Saturday morning.
Thanks for the de-lurk :)
Wow, that's impressive. I like to plop kids in front of the tv and whine along with them during periods of illness. Your approach seems much more productive and positive. I've never even thought of organizing spices.
Post a Comment