I'm getting there! I've been on a purge & organize kick lately. Maybe it's the springtime approaching that's getting to me. Whatever it is, I have been going through drawers and cabinets and trying to get a semblance of order to them all. It feels gooooood too!
Here's some before and after pictures. I won't bore you with how I did it because it seems fairly self-explanatory. I tossed what I haven't touched in years, items I upgraded and will never need the old ones and tried to keep like items together and in an order of ease of use. The things I use often are accessible, the things I don't use often but want to keep are tucked out of the way. Simple. Now if I could just muster up the energy to tackle the junk drawers.....
I do not have before pictures of these two cabinets. They are much better than they were before though, just trust me on that!

Here are my utensil drawers. I knew where everything was but as you can see, messy messy!
Before:
After:
Before:

Here ya go Liz, my spices before:
And after. I'm not a HUGE fan of the corner shelf thing but it's working for now. I can at least get at my spices without them all tumbling down on me or having to take out every jar to find what I need. I did organize them into groups on the shelves so I know which shelf to go to for baking, seasoning and mixes. As you can tell, I love Penzey's. I've loved them since before they sent out a catalog and expanded. We used to shop in their store in WI and I found a way to order from them 18 or so years ago. Now they are EVERYWHERE, but here. :( I also moved the measuring cups out of the cabinet. It's a force of habit for me to have them there and I am slowly adjusting to the fact I put them in the lower cabinet with the other glass dishes.
Here's some before and after pictures. I won't bore you with how I did it because it seems fairly self-explanatory. I tossed what I haven't touched in years, items I upgraded and will never need the old ones and tried to keep like items together and in an order of ease of use. The things I use often are accessible, the things I don't use often but want to keep are tucked out of the way. Simple. Now if I could just muster up the energy to tackle the junk drawers.....
I do not have before pictures of these two cabinets. They are much better than they were before though, just trust me on that!
Before:
After:
After:
Ok, I'm not sure how the cat picture got in here but she's awfully cute and comfy so I'll leave it in.
And now, I must end this ever so exciting installment with something fun because it's just the cutest thing to see little kids in a big chair.....
You can blame FG on the poor picture. His one job and he didn't do so good. There are others of them actually looking at the camera but as usual, one or the other has a totally dorky look on their face.
Or how about this fine picture? DD loved this thing by the way!

4 comments:
Very nice! Your old spice cabinet looks so much like mine. You've inspired me!
Oh, no. I have drawer envy. On an interesting note, I believe we have many of the same kitchen gadgets from Pampered Chef.
Wow you are doing a great job getting your kitchen space organized. Very cool!! Isn't it fun :)
Drawer envy. hee hee hee. I was a PC consultant for awhile so yes, I have a TON of PC stuff - some in double. I try pretty hard to make good use of the stuff too!
Post a Comment