Monday, March 31, 2008

My husband's coming home!

Not a very catchy title huh? Well, I've been brainwashed by children and the wallet sucking circus AND a birthday party all weekend ON MY OWN. FG was in Mexico on business and he'll be home in about 1/2 hour or so. Thankfully SMA offered to pick him up from the airport - when I called him in a panic because I lost my ride home from the airport. I was supposed to go drop his car off for him today but the ride I had arranged to get ME home had something come up (as in her DH took the carseats with him to work - IN TAHOE). So SMA said he would be glad to help out and then offered to save the parking fee and just pick up FG tonight. Whew! He really was good to me this weekend. He brought me dinner yesterday knowing I was on my own with the kiddos and would be at a birthday party until 4:30 that afternoon and not really having time to prepare one of my "fabulous dinners" for him. Actually, I think he was just hungry for Pick Up Stix and wanted to get his kid fix as well. Whatever, I got dinner and didn't have to cook and he still loaded the dishwasher.

I don't like it when FG goes out of town. You would think I am used to it because it happens several times a year. But the worst part? He was out of the country and our cell plan doesn't cover Mexico so I couldn't TALK to him. WAHHHHHHH!!!! We sent a LOT of texts though. When he called me from Phoenix tonight I was incredibly happy to hear his voice. This won't be his last trip either. I am bound and determined to find a way to go with him soon too. Damn, the places he is staying are incredible looking. He did send me a message to tell me he had a dragonfly the size of a 747 in his room and a giant iguana outside of his room - no doubt after the dragonfly. I replied asking if he was trying to make me feel better that I was home, scrubbing toilets and floors?

Alrighty, I guess I'd better do a power pick up of the house before he walks through the door. Then again, why make it look like it was an easy weekend?

No comments: