Ok, Madre Adoptiva asked me to list my recipes from my MPM. Which, btw, comes from www.orgjunkie.com :)
Chicken Picatta
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
1 egg
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 cup boiling water
Beat egg with 1 T. lemon juice. Mix flour, garlic and paprika. Coat chicken in egg then in flour mixture. In skillet, melt margarine and brown chicken. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water and add 2T. lemon juice. Pour liquid into skillet, cover & simmer for 20 minutes. Turn chicken after 10 minutes.
Parmesan Couscous
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 can chicken broth
3/4 cup couscous
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan; stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in cheese and parsley.
The Shrimp in cream sauce is pretty much made up.
I take 1 tablespoon of butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Heat it in a skillet and add some pressed or jarred garlic. Saute for a bit careful not to burn. Add a couple of tablespoons of flour. Add 1 cup chicken broth and whisk. Whisk in 1 cup of heavy cream and add cleaned shrimp. Then add 1/2 package of frozen spinach that has been wrung dry - breaking it up as I add it. Simmer but don't boil for a few mintues until shrimp is cooked. Add a few handfuls of grated parmesean cheese, salt and pepper to taste. You can add nutmeg if you like too. Simmer a few mintues longer, stirring the cheese in. Serve over noodles.
Soup and grilled cheese is my slacker mom soup of open a can, pour into pan, heat, serve. :)
I bake fish fillets dipped in a bit of egg/milk and then into Panko or bread crumbs with whatever seasoning I dump in. Roasted red potatoes I just cube up washed red potatoes, toss with olive oil, seasonings and some parsley. Bake in a 400 degree oven until they are tender on the inside and a bit crispy on the outside.
Baked Ziti is a stand-by. It's for my Silpada jewelry party on Friday. All I have to do is defrost the one I made a couple of weeks ago and bake it!
Enjoy!!!
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you! Thank you!
Ok... that shrimp spinach dish... was that what you made that night you had me and dipshit over for dinner the night I met you? Yes... I still remember what we ate. It was THAT good.
Post a Comment