Sunday, November 04, 2007

My first published Menu Plan :)

  • Ok, I'm a newbie at sharing this but I've been writing it on a whiteboard on my fridge for YEARS. Just ask my friend Madre Adoptiva as she has seen it on my fridge in years past. When I'm good about it, I'm good about it. When I forget, the kids eat a lot of chicken nuggets and frozen pizza.

    So here's my plan for this week. I start my weekly planning on Sunday usually as I generally make a large Sunday dinner. By the end of the week, I'm wiped out and not all that much in the mood to cook anymore. Plus Friday and Saturday are generally busy days and we either have friends over, go to friend's houses, eat out, have a football/basketball game to go to.... you get the idea. It's unpredictable and hard to plan out at the beginning of the week. Here goes!

  • Sunday: French Onion Soup, Chicken Picatta, Parmesean Cous Cous, Veggies
  • Monday: Shrimp in cream sauce w/ spinach served over noodles.
  • Tuesday: Soup and Grilled Cheese
  • Wednesday: Baked Fish, Roasted Red Potatoes, Roasted Squash
  • Thursday: FG works so it's usually a very kid-friendly meal
  • Friday: Baked Ziti, Sweet French Bread, Salad
  • Saturday: Out with Friends


The french onion soup is simmering on the stove now and I can't wait to eat a big bowl! I tried a new recipe and it already tastes soooo good! I can't wait to get some toasted cheesy bread on it. mmmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a wonderful meal plan and you included my favorite french onion soup!! Delicious and WELCOME!

Alaina said...

Welcome! I'm pretty new to menu planning and I love it! Your meals look great - we love french onion soup but I don't ever think to make it!

Unknown said...

Awesome, Amy! I have always admired your organization in the kitchen and envy your cooking skills. Now... can you share the rest of the recipes from this week's menu?