Friday, November 09, 2007

Another busy day!

Fridays I usually clean. So I have to clean today. I also have to make sure the house is presentable for company as I am having a jewelry party tonight. I don't have many coming but that's ok. I did it to help out my friend who is just starting out with this business. It's Silpada in case you don't know it. Anyway, thankfully I already have a big pan of ziti made and I bought bagged salad. Damn, I can't forget to make the bread!! I'm making this for dessert. It's a recipe my grandma used to make and my mom loves. I have been craving it and I happen to have some yummy, beautiful fresh raspberries to garnish it with!

Raspberry Dream Torte

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
10 ounces raspberries, frozen
1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 cup butter -- melted
3/4 cup butter
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
whipped cream

Defrost raspberries.

Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter. Press into bottom of spring-form pan.

Cream remaining butter and powdered sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Beating well after each addition.
Blend in extracts.
Spread over crumb layer.
Chill until firm.

Combine sugar, cornstarch and raspberries. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and clear. Cool.
Pour raspberry filling over torte.

Refrigerate several hours.
Garnish with rosettes of whipped cream before serving.

So I need to clean, make this somewhat complicated dessert (only because it has so many steps and waiting in between), pick up the kids from school - at two different schools with in 10 minutes of each other's dismissal!, rush DS to get a haircut, find the yummy recipe for onion dip I saw awhile back and make that, make the bread, toss the salad and I wanted to make a dressing for it too, try to get medicine in the cat - oh yeah, that's a treat & 1/2!, chill water/beer/soda for my guests, figure out which wine I want to open and change my clothes to be pretty and presentable for my friends! So busy day again. I just hope the kids, mainly DS, are well behaved today. If DS is a little shit again I won't see the whites of his eyes for the rest of the day. He can stay in his room and pout. Oh yeah, FG isn't much help (here's my "my husband is an ass" moment) because he's playing golf. When I asked him yesterday he said he didn't have much going on today. I called to see if he could pick up DS and he hestitates and does his "annoyed" noise. Yeah, thanks pal. This is three times in a row I've asked for your help when you told me you didn't have much going on and you've turned out to schedule golf. Yes, I AM keeping score.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gahh... that's one busy day! Sorry FG (f-ing geek) was being an ass. I hope your party went well. I am sorry I couldn't make it... and sorry for not even RSVP'ing. How rude am I? I'll make it up to you!!