Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012

My kids told me how the world is going to end this year.  I told them we had better just enjoy ourselves then, shouldn't we?  Too funny.  They just crack me up.
This is what they wrote at our front door yesterday.  Gosh I love them.


We had a very nice end to the new year.  We had friends over to dinner on Friday.  FG and I got paid for a big production we recently did.  Saturday we just hung out at home.  We played the new Wii game, we ate a late dinner of fondue & lobster tails.  The kids tried to stay up until midnight but they made it to about 11:40.  I told them they could stay awake but they had to be in their beds.  DD shared her cold with me so I was not feeling 100%. 

As the new year began, I felt content.  I told FG that if 2012 is as much better as 2011 was over 2010 and 2010 over 2009 then I'm looking forward to it!  I was happy that he & I were snuggled in our warm bed, together with the fur-child between us (our kids have never slept with us but the cat thinks she belongs right between us every night).  My happy children were snuggled in their warm beds.  We had full bellies and, well, FG and I had bit of a satisfied glow going on too ;).  I thought to myself that THIS was the best way for me to ring in the new year - happy, content and with my wonderful family. 

I hope 2012 brings you contentment and happiness!!  

No comments: