Today has been good - finally we did something FUN!
We just got home from seeing Monsters vs. Aliens. It was good. I love the 3D stuff! I will admit, I got a bit sleepy with DD curled up next to me, all warm & snuggly and a belly fully of popcorn. I took a little snooze. Hey, it's a kid's movie. I was able to sleep for 5 minutes and pick right back up. It was cute though - the kids liked it and that's all that really matters.
We also went to the park this morning and met DD's playgroup. I had DS put his scooter and helmet in the back of the car. While he did, our poor lonely doggy (Ha! She's been in the house more than not since our other dog died) put her front paws up on the back end of the SUV and wimpered. I lifted up her big ass and put her in. She was such a good girl at the park! I know people get (rightfully so) freaked out about dogs around little kids but this one is such a Mama. She adores babies and when mine were babies, any little squeak caused her to run to them and sniff, run to me and wimper, run back to the baby and sniff, back to me... until I evnentually tended to them. She still goes and checks the kids at night before she goes to bed in our room. She waits by their doors and sniffs them until she's satisfied. So I have zero fear around her and kids. I've seen kids (my own mainly) take bones that she's knawing on right out of her mouth and walk away. She has never even bared a tooth or made a noise other than a hefty doggy sigh. Still, at the park I kept her tight on her leash 95% of the time and let the kids approach her if they wanted, always holding her leash tight. She was so sweet and only barely gently kissed their faces. She was just so happy to be out with her kids too! So it was fun for the kids to have her there as well as get out and go to the park.
Of course, right before we left for the movie I see the neighbor's car drive by and a few minutes later, the kids show up at our door. FG told me that he sent them home yesterday because they were being mean. The boy asked DS if he could keep just about everything he touched. Then they apparently were being mean to DD. I've gotten on all 3 of the kids before for being mean to DD and DS has shaped up about it. I guess when The Girl took one of DD's favorite stuffed animals away from her, DS ordered her to give it back and told her she had to be nice to his sister. Yay! He's finally figuring out that he needs to stand up for his sister, not join in on any teasing! We praised him up & down. Also, I think The Boy is sick and that peeves me to no end! Do NOT dare send your sniffling, coughing kid to play at my house! I have refused them entry in the past because one of my kids wasn't 100% healthy and while other moms think it's no big deal, I don't want to be "that mom" who feels it's ok to infect other kids with their kids' germs. Apparently she is one of "those moms". ugh. What really irks me is they come over here, are mean to my kids and then when my kids say "we can't play today, we're getting ready to go watch a movie" they start in on the 10,000 questions.... "Where?" "Oh, when will you be back?" "Why can't you take us too?" "Why can't you play when you get home?" "What are you going to be doing?" "Why are you doing that?" and on and on. I wanted to just scream at them today but calmly said, "Nope. They can't play now and they can't play later. Not today at all. Maybe tomorrow but I'm not sure yet. Besides, _____ is sick and I don't want DD & DS to catch anything." They claim, "He's not sick." and I retort, "Um, yes, you're coughing and there's snot running out of your nose. You are sick." Have I ever mentioned that I'm thankful their parents both work so they go to a daycamp thing during the day? Yeah, little saving graces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I could have written this post. There are two kids a couple of houses down that are exactly like this. The questions are the worst.
"Why?" "How come?" "When?"
"Ummm, because I said so, I don't know, and probably never..."
It disrupts my harmony.
Neighbor kids are the worst. It's nice for the kids to have someone to play with, but ugh. They are all snotty and dirty and rude and have I mentioned I don't like kids? :)
There are always friends like that, I would never let my kids go play with someone if they were sick..I won't even socialize when I don't feel well because I don't want to infect anyone myself. I have clients show up sick all the time because they don't want to miss their appointments.....please cancel, I would rather reschedule you because you are sick than because I am sick.
Post a Comment