Thursday, April 09, 2009

Update

  • DS had his audition yesterday. They want to "represent" him. Then they recommended we take a couple of their classes. Immediately FG and I became skeptical. Did they agree to represent everyone who walked into the open auditions and recommend they take their classes? Was this just a ploy to get $$ from us by taking their classes? Hmm. I asked DS's Acting teacher about it and she felt it is a reputable company. We don't pay them a dime to be represented by them unless he gets a job, which we then give them a percentage. And it's a fairly small percentage at that. So we'll see. I'll go ahead and sign the contract (I read it all, it's pretty basic and straightforward and they aren't asking for a kidney or anything). Then I'll probably take one of their classes that is only $30. Then we wait. DS is excited and was quite charming in the interview. I do hope he gets a little job here & there. He just loves it so much!
  • You may (or may not) notice that I dropped a couple of blogs from my list and added a couple more. I'm still on the search for new ones. I just added a couple that I had bookmarked but never added to my list. I never read them regularly but now I'll check them out and evaluate if they are worth the little time I have online. I'm just sort of done with the one-way street "friendships". Not that I live for comments but hey, I would like to know who's reading about my life. Also, if I'm taking the time to become part of someone's life by reading their stuff and making comments the least they could do is return the favor once in awhile. No, I don't mean the mega-blogs with the hundreds of readers or even the 10's of readers, I'm talking the littler ones who are like me - just a few loyal readers. You can't tell me they just don't have time to comment or don't have anything to say. I drivel on enough, they could just tell me to stop babbling and get to the point even!
  • That all said, I've spent waaay too much time online this dreary morning. But DD slept really late and while I don't know exactly when she woke up, I walked into her room at nearly 10:20 this morning and announced it was way too late. I can't blame her though - the morning just screamed for laying in bed and being lazy. I had to force myself in the shower. Now I must force myself to clean this messy house. Is it not messy when my back it to it facing the computer screen?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That agency is probably the same one I was signed with many moons ago. It really is a great company, though they've changed ownership since I was there. I got lots of little jobs here and there and got paid surprisingly well! I'm sure DS will do a great job for them.

Anonymous said...

If you can smell the filth in your house, then it is dirty. Otherwise, let it slide.

Ok, just kidding. I like a tidy home. But then again, I'm way too anal about cleanliness.

Unknown said...

I'm sad, you dropped me.......

Unknown said...

I'm happy again......I too have 3 readers, well 4 including you, I feel so popular and now I am back with the "In" crowd!