Thursday, September 25, 2008

One of those 6 silly things Meme thingamabob's

Just because I know you are all dying to know these things about me....

  1. I have a hard time cooking without an apron on. I absolutely cannot bake without one on. In fact, you will often find me wearing an apron from late afternoon until I put the kids to bed on a weekday and nearly all day on a weekend if I'm home and in the kitchen.

  2. I always rip off the necessary T.P. prior to peeing. Don't know why but I just noticed that I do that. Weird huh?

  3. FG has a new nickname for me, "CSI". He says I am the freaking CSI of this house and know what goes on when I'm not looking or not here. Example: We got home Saturday night and I said, "K got M to bring her down some carrot cake." (K is the babysitter, M is her friend that lives down the street). FG shook his head wondering how the hell I figured that one out. I can figure out all sorts of things that go on when I'm not around and I've been known to glance in the garbage to figure it out.

  4. I have an irrational fear that a plane will crash into the house.

  5. I have an irrational fear that some "bad guy" will scale my front porch and get up on the lower roof, sneak into DD's bedroom and steal her. I should fear that she, as a teen, will go the opposite way. Bars will be installed on her windows in the next few years.

  6. I try to do all my laundry in one day as well as get it folded and put away. When I hang things on the clothesline, I do it in an order so it's easier to accomplish that. (things that need ironing go on the line first so they get taken off last and put immediately into the ironing basket, then FG's golf shirts because they need to sit on top of the pile or they get all wonky in the collar, then the kids shorts/skirts etc, then my the kids t-shirts, then mine, then FG's t-shirts so they are taken off the line first and in the bottom of the basket. Once washed and dried, he is responsible for his own clothes - I don't fold or put them away I just pile them on his side of the bed. I do fold the kids and put DD's away but DS gets a basket in his room to put his own away.) Yes, I would agree I am very anal about the laundry process.

  7. And a bonus, I like to clean the whole house all in one day. That gives me the power to look at my family and tell them how I worked my ass off cleaning the house and I would like it to stay clean for longer than 5 minutes. It usually lasts about 10 before someone does something to mess it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am VERY anal about the laundry process. Imagine my horror after breaking my foot and coming to the realization that my husband will now be in charge. Then the washer broke the first night he was in charge. I was all doped up on meds yelling "You broke it! You broke my washer! I never should have let you take O-VERRRR!" Then he fixed the washer and finished the laundry and it was actually better than how I do it. Humph.

Anonymous said...

I should wear an apron more often. I always have yuck on my bottom part of my shirt where I lean up against the counters. They are so practical.