I made the blueberry bars again this morning. Only this time I used Splenda. Turned out great! My DD's playgroup was descending upon my parents pool and my dad was the only one there. He is so funny, he gets excited when everyone comes over. I know that he can get bored during the day at home all alone. And he loves kids so he was happy to have his pool filled with little kids this morning. The kids were happy to have the big giant pool to swim in. And wouldn't you know it, I brought my camera and didn't take ONE single picture. It was 101 degrees today and I was in the pool almost the whole time too. Too hot to stand outside of the water!
The pan of blueberry bars is gone. I did leave a few for my parents. I heard my dad say, "hmmm, where can I hide these so your mom won't eat them?" My DD inhaled them as well. She kept getting out of the pool for "just one more of 'dese Mom." Fine with me, eat away! They have FRUIT in them! But I felt that I should report that they turned out very well with Splenda. In fact I couldn't really tell any difference from these and the ones I made with real sugar. Except, again, they won't send my dad's sugar sky high and I won't feel like a guilty daughter for indulging the terrible sweet tooth of a diabetic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I made your blueberry bars (with sugar, we like to live on the edge). They were delish! But I have a hard time telling if they were done enough. So what is done enough? My top was nice and light brown as was the bottom. I'm a baking retard, help me!
Post a Comment