Monday, August 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!



Head over to Laura's place at Organizing Junkie for many more menu plans!

Again, mine doesn't start on Monday. But it's still a menu plan!

  • Friday - Grilled pork loin chops, grilled eggplant*, noodles.
  • Saturday - Brats & saurkraut, french fries, tossed salad.
  • Sunday - Steak, cabbage (oriental) salad*, cheesy potatoes*, avocado salsa.
  • Monday - grilled chicken fajitas, rice, tossed salad.
  • Tuesday - Hot dogs, noodles with butter and parmesean cheese, green beans.
  • Wednesday - Salmon burgers*, tossed salad, french fries.
  • Thursday - breakfast for dinner, FG working.

* Exported from MasterCook *
Oriental Salad
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 package cabbage -- shredded

1 bunch green onion -- chopped

1 package ramen noodles

2 ounces slivered almonds -- toasted

1 chicken flavor packet from ramen noodles

1/4 cup vinegar -- 2 oz

3/4 cup oil -- 6 oz.

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/2 cup granulated sugar
Combine cabbage, green oinions, noodles and almonds in salad bowl.
Mix chicken flavor packet, vinegar, oil, soy sauce and sugar in shaker or bottle with tight fitting lid.The mixture can be boiled first if desired.
Pour dressing over salad mixture when ready to serve and toss.

*For the grilled eggplant, I sliced it, rubbed it with olive oil and sprinkled a tiny bit of salt on it. Then we grilled it and when it was just about done on both sides, we sprinkled it with fresh grated parmesean cheese and let that melt into the slices.

*The cheesy potatoes are a mixture of shredded cheddar cheese, velveeta, butter and half and half melted and poured over shredded hash browns. So not good for us but once in awhile it's a good treat. I made them in the microwave instead of baking them for a hour in the oven. It was too hot to have the oven on forever for baked beans or for these potatoes. I also needed something quick as we had spent all day on our boat and I was having our usual Sunday dinner guests over with literally 1 1/2 hours to get everyone in the house showered and get dinner ready. See dessert recipes in my previous post. We had those for dessert last night as well.

I still haven't made the salmon burgers so we'll attempt this experiment if I'm up to it this week. That day may change when we get there! We've got a busy week this week as we have two weeks left before school starts. I'm trying to make them wonderfully fun weeks with lots of activities, water play and get togethers with friends. Enjoy!

No comments: