Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today

  • I have the day "off".  Meaning I don't have to go to the office, I don't have to go to the toystore and I don't have to volunteer in either classroom.
  • Yesterday I attacked the Little Princess' room with the vacuum.  I also too the opportunity to clean up all the little crap.  I think every kid seems to collect copious amounts of little crap!  The dust is gone, her room is cleaner and more organized.  She was happy and didn't even notice the missing "treasures".
  • Today I am stripping both children's beds and washing everything - comforters, blankies et al. It felt so good when I washed our bedding last weekend that I decided to share the wealth with the kids.  Must be because the nights are getting cold.
  • I am counting down the hours until Saturday morning!  We are going to wine country!  We're driving the big car and bringing another couple with us. We got a great deal on a B&B and where we go, the tastings are all free.  Tomorrow I'll be baking fresh bread & cookies and maybe making a little Chinese Chicken Salad.  I'll hit the cheese counter for some yummy cheese & slice up some apples.... I have been looking forward to this for weeks.
  • The biggest downside - my mom is just getting back into town so I didn't ask them to keep the kids. Instead they are going with my FIL and his wench.  I hate it when my kids spend a lot of time with them. They just do NOT respect the fact we are their parents and we have certain parameters.  FG explained it to his dad this way - it's like borrowing a car and returning it dirty, no gas and with a flat tire.  Sure the car is really OK but it's not how you loaned it out.  Same with the kids - they are always returned to us dirty (literally), out of gas and with flat tires.  They let them eat nothing but crap, let them stay up WAY WAY too late and don't even bother to change their clothes.  So we may be very lucky to have a night alone when the kids go with FIL but we pay for it several times over the next day.  I decided awhile ago it wasn't worth it until FG had a talk with his dad and his dad seemed to get the car metaphor.  We're giving them another chance & we'll see how it goes.  Then my parents will have the kids all day on Sunday since my mom will be home. I realize we are super lucky to have family around willing to take the kids but I also think the kids are super lucky to get to spend so much time with their grandparents!
  • Right now I'm procrastinating working on the "Go Green" committee for our school.  Somehow I got named the committee chair.  Lucky me.  Now I have all these wonderful volunteers emailing me all their ideas.  Thankfully, I'm not half bad at delegating and when someone says, "How about this?"  I reply, "Great!  You seem to have a good handle on it so far so go ahead and run with it!"  hee hee hee.  Nope, not gonna be the one to have all the ideas thrown at me and have me execute them.  You have an idea, you better research it and get to work on it!
  • I also need to clean out the junk drawer.
  • I also need/want to clean out my makeup. - All these little things I always say, "If I had a whole day to myself I'd get that done!"  I hope to accomplish some of it.  And a nap. :)
  • I think my arch fell slightly and my ankle has been KILLING me for two weeks now.  I'm taking a ridiculous amount of ibuprofen because my whole leg aches.  I have to go get some decent inserts for my shoes.  I think wearing all the cheap flip flops and flats have really made me pay.
If you had the whole day at home to yourself, what would YOU do?

1 comment:

Kim said...

hehe...yep. When I have the whole day to myself I flitter it away on piddly stuff. The projects I want to get done somehow fall by the wayside. I think I need to make a list and follow it. I do like the feeling of crossing something off a list after I'm done.

Enjoy Saturday. It sounds perfect!