Friday, August 20, 2010

My savings!

Whoohoo! Today has been a good shopping day.  My measly paycheck went about as far as I could make it go.  FG is at the office now, hopefully getting in some client checks so I can finish shopping.  Actually, I don't have all that much leftover after today's adventure and I do still have a bit of cash in my wallet.  But I want to keep some of it there for a bit!

So our first stop today - Raley's.  I saved 58%.  I took advantage of their Buy 4 boxes of Kellogg's cereal and get them for $1.74 each.  I bought 8. I had two $1 off 2 coupons.  I got 2 gallons of milk to go with all that cereal (my cereal stockpile is now at a whopping 12 boxes of unopened and another 8 of opened ones).

Second stop wasn't that  successful but it was still good. It was stuff we needed too, like laundry soap and face wash and flouride rinse for the kids. Target - Saved almost $17, spent almost $52.  I did get a good deal on fabric softener which was on sale and then I had two coupons totalling $3 off.  My splurge was that I bought myself a new belt since my old ones are toast.  It was also on sale and I had a $2 off coupon.  Target Online Coupons.
Side note on our Target trip. I bought the kids Icees and with the first sip, DS's tooth popped out and landed on the floor.  We put it in my pocket for the toothfairy later.

Third stop was Smith's (Kroger affiiate).  This was a great one.  I took advantage of their $4 off 8 items deal and got $8 off.  I got 3 pkgs ground beef (really the only meat we need right now anyway), a bunch of Powerade for FG, Capri Sun for the kids, and some lunch-food items for school lunch too.  Spent $30, saved $22. 

I promised the kids if they were good we would go get some Silly Bands at the toystore so I took them there.  LOVE my discount!  They each picked out a package and immediately put them on.  My boss came out to say hello and told me that I shouldn't have paid for them and let the kids pick out another pack each.  So sweet!

Then we headed to Payless.  BOGO plus a 20% off coupon.  Got the kids each a new pair of tennis shoes for school.  Now usually we buy them "better" shoes but DD's foot grows fast and she won't wear these every day.  DS wanted these ugly Airwalk ones and I know his current tennis shoes are too small.  So I let him get them.  FG wasn't happy but oh well.  We'll go get him some better ones in a couple of months when he no longer wears sandals regularly.  At least I saved $20!  Since it's 2 doors down from the toystore, they give me a 10% discount for working in the center.  Unfortunately, she tried to give it to me on top of the other discounts and it wouldn't go through.  Oh well. It was a nice shot and it's nice that they offer that to us anyway.

I arrived home a few hours later to more food in the house plus two new chairs - a leather living room chair and a sort of "futon" chair.  Don't be thinking "college dorm room" stuff.  This is a nice chair.  FG's dad sold their cabin at the lake and we got some of the furniture.  It's only a few years old and I know his snobby wife paid a lot for it all brand new.

I also got the email confirmation that I'm a finalist for the Capri Sun House Party!  AWESOME!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You go, girl! You are so organized. I'm impressed!