I'm trying. I really am! My menu is all messed up from what I created 2 weeks ago but at least it's giving me ideas of what is in the freezer/pantry/fridge. :)
- Sunday - Leftover Buffet!! We had spaghetti, ribs, hot dogs, potato/zucchini pancakes, fruit. The kids actually ate it (rare around here, they hate leftovers!) and the fridge got cleaned out. I didn't have much to do except warm things up.
- Monday - Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches, green salad, noodles.
- Tuesday & Wednesday - I work in the evening, FG gets to figure out dinner. One night will be chicken nuggets, applesauce & green beans & the other he may want me to defrost the leftover spaghetti sauce because those two meals he can really handle.
- Thursday - Grilled Chicken Fajita Quesadillas, green salad (peppers from my parent's garden)
- Friday - ? No idea. I'm hoping we can pick up take out! Or I'll make some pizza. We haven't had that in awhile!
- Saturday - Tri-tip steak, pasta salad, cabbage slaw
I also started the kids on local honey. Poor DS gets such sniffles from allergies! I have tried Claritin and Zyrtec, both of which work ok but not great. So I got a big ol jar of local honey at the farmers market last weekend and give each kid 1 tsp. per day. In about 2 - 3 weeks, their bodies should adjust to the pollen and the allergies should be minimal or gone. Yay!!!! I have heard about this soooo much lately and there was recently an article in our paper about people who were able to stop all medicine, including allergy shots, after trying the honey. I will keep you posted on our results!

No comments:
Post a Comment