Monday, November 10, 2008

Gone

Gone is the bloggy post I had running through my head in the middle of the night. Damn. It was a good one too but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I can remember even the idea of it. I guess that's why people put notebooks at their bedside huh? Though I was mostly sleeping so maybe it was all just a dream.

Gone is FG. Another business trip. Blah! It got extended so I have to handle the work he normally does here that he scheduled for tomorrow thinking he would be home tonight. So I get to do it. I've never done it. Not all of it. Not on my own. holy shit

Gone is DS's good standing in class. They use a "traffic light" system and the little bugger got on RED today. He claims he can't remember why as he was fighting back tears. I didn't yell. I didn't have it in me. I just told him I was really disappointed in that. I guess I'll find out what happened later this week at his Parent/Teacher conference.

Gone will be my parents (ok, I realize that is horrid grammar!) tomorrow as they fly off to sunny & 82 degrees in Hawaii. If only my dad would realize that we 1) don't want to go to Oahu 2) FG is really not comfortable taking up a room at the military resort when so many men his age have to be away from their families risking their lives and they deserve it more than we do. Dad keeps mentioning how we should go with them and how he can get us a room at the resort. I don't say anything because I've already tried to explain it and it hasn't seemed to work.

Gone are our kitty's bladder stones! She had her surgery last week and is doing amazingly well. Now I want her medicines to be gone. Giving an unwilling cat 3 meds, 2x a day is no walk in the park. But she's already feeling so much better and thankfully, not peeing anywhere but the litter box!

Gone is my complete SAHM status. I'm doing holiday work for my friend who owns a wine store.

Thus, I will be gone quite a bit. Holding down the fort, dealing with 1/2 school days for DS, working both for our business and scheduled hours at the store, still volunteering at school, attending a Parent/Teacher conference, disciplining over the "red" today, caring for our aging dogs and ailing cat... this all leaves me little time to blog, no time to bake anything new or try out new recipes. It leaves me time only to exist and get through this week and hope next week is slightly better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I lose blog posts to sleep all the time, but I've never been a monkey's uncle before. LOL.

Enjoy working in the wine store. That sounds kinda fun.