Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A town so small

You want to know how freakishly small this town is?
I went to dinner and to see Sex In The City with some friends last night. Two of them were from DD's playgroup. They each brought a couple of friends and one of those friends brought another one. So there were 8 of us total with me only knowing 2 others. HA! I had a freakish connection to every other one of them that I met.
1. Tracie brings a girl and introduces me. I say to her, "You look really familiar. Have you lived her long or did you go to college here?" (because we have a gazillion transplants from CA, especially at my end of town) Turns out she (and Tracie actually) went to college here the same time I did and we lived in sorority houses next to each other. This girl K and I went through Rush together. AND, K's DH has done some work with FG in the past.
2. Tracie's other friend M and I get introduced. In the course of conversation, come to find out she knows FG from high school and they were both on the tennis team. M also knows a bunch of my friends from college.
3. Kathleen brings a friend, K (lot's of K's last night!) who I say, "Gosh, you look really familiar too. Were you in MOPS?" Yup.
4. Kathleen brings another friend K and we find out we have mutual acquaintances with some other local Moms and actually share the same (non-flattering) opinions of these other moms. :D
5. The final mentioned K invites another friend A who arrives quite late to dinner. She sits down next to me and I say, "Hi, I'm your neighbor." We had met once at another neighbor's house (who has since moved away) several years ago. Also, her youngest was watched by my friend who's son was in DS's Kindergarten class. So when she came to pick up her son from school she had A's son with her as well.
And I know some of you know but FG is regularly on TV locally. So 4 out of the 7 of them say they watch him on TV (he's on an hour a week so it's not like he's a news anchor or anything).
I came home and told FG we need to move to where we can be more anonymous. I'm losing my status and will be forced to change my blog name.

Oh, and just to add to the freakishness. I've mentioned the neighbor kids that come over regularly. Turns out their mom and one of my best friend's were very good friends about 10 years ago. My friend was my neighbor's Maid of Honor. They lost touch when my friend and her DH moved out of state and never regained contact when they moved back.

Too small. Too small.

Now please, no one local tell anyone about my blog. My family has no idea and if they read it I won't be able to talk about them anymore. Then I'll have to call you and bitch in your ear about them continually.

No comments: