Friday, June 27, 2008

Tagged - Meme

I was tagged awhile ago by Christina. I promised I would get to it and now I finally have the kids occupied with some new Play Doh (yay! Not tv!) and a few minutes to get to it.

The Rules:
Link the person who tagged you
Mention the rules on your blog
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
So here goes. I'm not very exciting though - you have been forewarned!

1. If I were ever to lipsync in front of a crowd I would do Dusty Springfield's "Son of a Preacher Man." When it comes up on my playlist (on my fake ipod) I replay it at least twice and channel my inner lady in a long sequined dress w/ a big blond bouffant.
2. I always have to be able to see a clock. (I think I've mentioned that one before).
3. It takes me forever to change my routine of things. Showering for example is always the same. If I add something or change something to my entire morning routine, it takes me a long time to remember to do it and for it to feel natural.
4. I bake a lot but don't eat a lot of what I bake. I love to make cookies but usually once they are past a day old, I don't eat them. I think after I've spent so much time and effort on them, I'm just over it.
5. When I had my son, it took so long and with quite a bit of heartache before hand. Once he was here I would sit in the middle of the night and nurse him and stare at his face. I would tell myself to remember what he looked like for when he was gone. Somewhere inside I just could not believe he was really going to stay around. Now he's 7 and there are days I WISH he would go away from me for awhile. I have to remind myself of those moments in the middle of the night so long ago.
6. I sleep with a throw pillow between my knees and a teddy bear under my shoulder. I've become so used to it that I have trouble sleeping without them when we stay somewhere else.

I'm not going to tag anyone in particular. I would love for everyone to post their interesting quirks simply so I can feel better about myself.

No comments: