Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Um, hello...

Yeah, I don't even have a decent title for a post today. I just re-read my post from last night. I wanted to fix my misspellings and typos but I'll just leave them because I think they added effect, for me at least.
I am one big hormonal mess! I so hate this. I am 37 years old and I know that hormones change and shift as we women get older. I know that as we approach 40 they get worse and worse. What kills me the most is I am so freaking regular NOW. Why now? Why not when I was temping and stressing and trying to get pregnant and had no freaking clue when I was going to ovulate and had to take all sorts of medicine to get my stupid body to work right? I'm done with the baby thing so really, the inn is closed for business I don't need this anymore. But nope, two kids later and my body decides to do what it's supposed to do. Grrreat.
I have an IUD, the 10 year copper kind. I LOVE it. FG loves it. The only teeny problem is this, I was an idiot and told my Dr. after having my DD that I wanted my body to just do it's thing with no hormonal interventions. Even though he tried to talk me into the 5 year IUD that reduces and even sometimes eliminates your period, nope, I was adamant that it be free and not have any interventions (besides making it a hostile environment for FG's little swimmers so I didn't have any more kids). Well now I'm due for my annual appt and I am going to ask him about changing it out. I am sooo tired of this. I get such bad PMS. I'm so cranky and weepy and as you can tell from my last post, really really down on myself. I go through it once a month at the beginning of each month. My children fear me. FG fears me. My friends don't have any idea because I either stay away from them or I put on my nice face when I am around them. None of the people around me deserve this and honestly, neither do I! Maybe I would be more centered and grounded and find out what is going to get me there if I didn't go through this horrid roller coaster every few weeks!
What I am not looking forward to is the actual changing out of the IUD. It wasn't horrible to get this one put in, I don't feel it at all but damn I had terrible terrible periods for months afterwards. My poor body went from being pregnant to birth, getting that thing put in a few months later, still nursing, to weaning and getting used to still having that little thing in there. It was not a fun time. So I am dreading that. I'm dreading the cost too. I'm not sure insurance will cover it if it's not necessary. We have horrid insurance anyway because we are self-employed and FG & my policy is a super duper high deductible. So I'm going to have to pay for it. At this very moment though, I'm sure FG would say do whatever it takes to get his "nice" wife back. This one's a bitch to live with!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a crazy hormonal mess when I'm PMSing too. Its horrible when you just HAVE TO be mean even though in the back of your mind you know its just PMS and you shouldn't be acting that way. I didn't realize though that you wouldn't have the hormonal roller coaster just because you weren't actually bleeding. I guess I figured all the symptoms would still be there just not the blood. I would totally pay someone to cure me of my PMS. I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

Man, I do not look forward to THIS! I've not had a period in 16 months. I checked in to the 5 year IUD at my last check up a month ago and with my insurance it wasnt bad. Device was 80% covered, leaving me to pay $110- and the "install" was a office visit co-pay of $20- so $130 for 5 years of protection is pretty good. I didnt get it since we want to go for #2 next year, Im pretty sure I will do it after that.