- FG got home. Barely. He was supposed to be home on Wednesday night but after a crazy fiasco with his flight (no, not one that was cancelled - it's a very long, silly story) he actually got home on Thursday morning.
- Wednesday as I was getting a ride from a friend after depositing FG's car at the airport parking lot, my cell phone rang. My dad informed me my mom was in the ER after having chest pains but "don't worry, she's fine. You don't need to come down." Suuuuuurrrrreee. So my father, who himself had pneumonia, was going to meet my mom at the ER.
- Meanwhile, I still feel horrible and have an elephant standing on my chest. I call the Dr. and get an appt. I go find out I have bronchitis.
- I go downstairs and find my parents in the ER. Turns out my mom IS fine and all tests are coming back normal. But they are going to be safe and keep her overnight. She is mad and wants to go home because "I feel fine!" Nurses (and mothers!) are the worst at accepting that THEY may be the ones needing the care! But I felt better seeing her and she really did look fine.
- I rush to the pharmacy and they tell me they need 20 minutes. I have to be out of there in 15 in order to meet DS's bus. We've talked about if I'm not home when he gets home what he is to do. BUT the front door was locked and he can't reach the garage door number pad to open that. Drat! So I call my babysitter who I know is down the street and she goes down to meet him. I got home 3 minutes before the bus arrived. I would have made it but thank goodness she was around and willing to help so I didn't have to stress and freak out.
- I decide at that point that I am not cooking dinner - nothing, not even fish sticks or chicken nuggets or mac & cheese. I drop the sitter back at her aunt's house and the kids and I go to the store to get some fresh fruit. $65 later and way too much junk we are on our way to In & Out Burger - YUM.
Now I'm starting to feel better but I think my cough meds with codene gave me a headache. That and I generally get one when AF is out the door, which is now. I am going to a concert tonight and I get to meet the band. What's funny is I'm going to get a picture signed to the babysitter because she is jealous and wants to go. Yes, I like music that a pre-teen likes. Maybe it's just my mental age. 'Cuz it isn't my actual age. I was excited that FG brought me a big tube of Retin-A from Mexico! DD asked me what I got that made me so exited and I told her "Wrinkle cream!!" Maybe I can pass for being in my early 30's???

1 comment:
Oh, I love In n Out and miss it like crazy. Whenever I go back west, it's the first place I stop. Yuuuuuum.
A teen band and wrinkle cream? You could totally pass for late twenties!
Post a Comment