So today I used 1/2 wheat bread flour (because I only had 1 cup left) and half regular bread flour and I added two heaping tablespoons of the ground flax seed.
Banana Oatmeal Bread (1.5 lb loaf)
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup mashed banana
2 T. vegetable oil
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup oats
2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp. yeast
And last night I made the meatloaf recipe that Karly sent me. I am no longer a meatloaf-virgin. FG was not too happy with the fact I was making it. Then he said, "Hmm, it tastes different than I remember." as he was going for seconds. I told DD it was like meatballs (she LOVES meatballs) and she ate quite a bit. DS is the one who asked me to try it sometime and since he loves A1 sauce and Karly's recipe calls for A1, he tried it willingly. He liked it but he was SO worn out and tired I thought he was going to fall asleep in his plate. He told me this morning it was good but not to make it *too* often. "Maybe you can make it again in June, Mom." Oh, and Karly, I didn't own a meatloaf pan so I used a trick I saw from Paula Deen and put slices of bread on the bottom of the pan to soak up any grease. It worked quite well! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

1 comment:
LOL at your son saying you can make it again in June. That SO sounds like Eeyore. Glad your husband approved of the meatloaf. :) I don't even want to know what that bread looked like after you emptied the pan. Ewwww!
Post a Comment