
Ok, I'm a little late! Sorry! I tried to ring in the new year in a postive manner - both spending time with good friends, doing things for my kids and doing a bit of organizing. I got a couple of kitchen cabinets organized that desperately needed help. I was forced to straighten the playroom and playroom closet with the new additions too. Thankfully, that is one area I've always been good about organizing - lots and lots of plastic lidded tubs and games put away on the shelves, toys in their proper places. If I didn't stay on top of that, it would be scary, very very scary!
So here's the menu for the week:
Sunday - Baked Ziti, fresh bread, salad
Monday - Out for fondue with good friends and good wine
Tuesday - Dinner at my parents when we collected the kids
Wednesday - Hash Brown Quiche w/ ham, broccoli, onions and cheese
Thursday - whatever I find that the kids will eat unless we get together with friends in which case it will be take 'n' bake pizza
Friday - Balsamic Pork Chops, noodles, veggies, rolls
Saturday - Basketball game so take out on the way!
I didn't cook much over the holidays. Besides our traditional Christmas morning brunch that I prepare and it's ALL prepped the day before, I have barely cooked! I am ready to get back into the swing of things and get the whole family back on a regular schedule. I am dissappointed because the meat delivery we usually get is just not up to the same standard. We decided it is too expensive to just keep it up being what it is (F#@K! I liked having a freezer full - DELIVERED!). So I'm back to sealing up and freezing my own stuff that I buy. I am going to go to the fancy butcher shop for some beef. I just can't do cheap beef much anymore. Sure, for crockpot stuff it's fine as is ground beef but when I make a steak I want a GOOD steak! Ohhhh, I also got some fun cooking items for Christmas. I got new ramekins from DH, FANCY and deadly sharp knives from him too. I am seriously going to cut off a finger if I'm not super careful! I got a warming tray from MIL on Christmas Eve and you betcha I busted that sucker out on Christmas morning for brunch! I've wanted one for years and this year they seemed to be "the" appliance. I'm getting a new bread machine as I've worn out the one I got as a wedding present. Yes, I am that f'ing old and have been married long enough to WEAR OUT an appliance! Mom said they aren't "the" appliance anymore so it was a bit harder to find and on backorder. I can't wait! I'm too lazy to actually knead the bread. I do a lot of "let the machine knead it and I'll bake it". mmmmmm
Ok, quiche is out of the oven. Yes, my husband WILL eat it.

No comments:
Post a Comment