Hi all! I am in the market for a new bread machine. I've worn out my old one that I got as a wedding present over 13 years ago. It's a rare week that goes by that I don't use it in one way or another. I make a lot of pizza dough and a lot of another type of dough that I bake in long french bread type loaves. Then sometimes I'll use it to actually mix and bake the bread. But I do use it a lot! My mom attempted to get me a new one for Christmas but the one she tried to buy the store didn't have in stock but told her they would order it for her. A couple of weeks ago she got a letter saying that they couldn't get it. So now I'm on a search. She gave me a price of what she was going to pay and I can work with that. If I find one cheaper that has the features I want, great! If I find one for more money, I'll simply make up the difference because I do want a good machine that will last me another 13 years.
The features I want are simple, I don't care what shape the loaf is as mine is tall & round now. I've dealt with it so it's not a big deal. I want a timer and different crust settings. An "add in" feature would be good whether that's a timer that goes off for me to add it or it automatically adds is fine. Mine has a timer that beeps at me to add in raisins or whatever at that time. A viewing window would be good for the kids because they always want to look at it (so do I, I admit it!) though I suspect DS really just wants to smell it. He looooovvves the smell of the yeasty dough and loves to nibble on raw dough.
So I'm not too picky I just want fairly durable. Gluten free or jam or several of the other fancy features I've seen don't matter that much. If they are there, heck I may try them but if not, I'll live.
Thanks much in advance for your advice!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment