I had one of those great "productive days" yesterday. I managed to get what seemed like a gazillion things done before 11 am. I relaxed in the afternoon because I had cleaned the house and didn't feel like I had to jump up and get anything done. FG came home and asked why I was making dinner at 4:30. I wasn't planning to eat before 6, I was just getting a good start on dinner! I loooove mashed potatoes that are "twice baked". I have started making them with a bit of cream cheese and yesterday I used half and half (because I had it and it needed to be used up). I whipped the heck out of them and they were sooo yummy! I usually do them like that when I make them well before dinner, that way I can bake them in a buttered pan instead of mashing them right before we eat them. I guess that's why I was making dinner at 4:30. But it also allowed me to get a good jump start on the dishes. I had most of my prep dishes washed, dried and put away before I even put the pork chops in the oven! My whole day was like that and it felt good. I don't know why I can't do that every day. I have decided that I need to work on being more disciplined. My biggest problem - this damn box! I stayed away from it all day yesterday. I didn't sit down in the morning with my cup of tea and prattle around the internet. Nope! I really must limit my time on the computer in order to have that good feeling of accomplishment I had yesterday.
Today I am on here because I'm doing laundry and I need to do some work for the business. I cleaned out my inbox, responded to several messages that needed attention and checked in with my online friends. After I post this I'll go switch the laundry and then read some blogs. It feels good knowing that I'm not procrastinating and whittling my time away.
We have teacher conferences this afternoon. We'll see if I get dinner done as early as I did yesterday! All I know is I really need to try. It makes my evening much smoother with the kids. Discipline baby. I need to use some tough love on myself!
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment