
- Monday - Pork Chops in apple cream sauce (trying a new recipe, I'll let you know!), potatoes, broccoli
- Tuesday - BBQ chicken thighs, cabbage slaw salad, buttered noodles.
- Wednesday - I work. FG & the kids are on their own.
- Thursday - Individual chicken "pot pie" w/ a biscuit top.
- Friday - homemade pizza
- Saturday - I work so I'm not sure what we'll end up doing.
Recent developments have changed Thursday nights for us. FG's dad is no longer working with him. We've been doing things a bit differently as we change up some things about the business. That means I am back to "work". I've always helped out the business for the past 15 years but now, I'm back to my roots of broadcasting and using what I learned in college. It's been, uh, an experience! The hardest part is using what I haven't used in sooooo many years. But that's ok. I'm getting better and better each time. We always planned on this so it's not like it's a huge shock, it's just a big adjustment for me right now. But that changes our weekly routine. FG reminded me last week that he would be home for dinner on Thursday. WHAT? It's been 15 years since I've had to make a dinner on Thursday for more than either just me or me and the kids!! So now I have to figure out what to make that we can either eat before he goes to the stuido or he can eat after he gets home.
There you have it! Oh, also over the weekend, I made the easiest and yummiest berry crisp. Actually DD made it. I got everything out and had her measure and mix. I cleaned the berries and poured the melted butter. Other than that, she did it all. It was excellent with vanilla ice cream. I'll share the recipe soon, though no pics because we couldn't wait to eat it!

2 comments:
So.....is this a good business change? I hope so.....is FIL ok? Good luck on Thursdays dinner, I think the Pot Pie with a biscuit sounds delicious!
There's many people making changes these days.
I now have the energy and time to make dinner now that my husband and I have been unemployed for a month.
Looks like your family is going to have some terrific meals this week.
I love MPM especially since my husband and I lost our jobs. I'm looking for inexpensive and healthy meals for our family of three.
Well, gotta get back to the laundry and "Law and Order".
Post a Comment