Monday, October 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 10/12


Things seem to be settling down a tad. Maybe because we had a slow Sunday and a slow Monday. Though, it's Monday afternoon and I have two extra kids here. I volunteered - picked up all 4 from school. They are thrilled. They are all playing so nicely too! Thus, I'm thrilled! After I type this out, I'm going to have to go check on everyone because it's entirely too calm.
Yesterday we had a birthday party to go to at a nearby park. It was a beautiful day so we stayed as long as possible. I am proud of myself because I not only slept in a bit and had a lazy morning, I also managed to mix up a batch of cookie dough AND pie crusts before my shower and heading to the party. Once we got home, I hit the kitchen right away and made our yummy dinner. All from scratch :)
  • Sunday - Baked ziti w/ sausage, tossed green salad w/ honey poppy vinegarette dressing, fresh bread, snickerdoodle cookies, peach pie
  • Monday - beef fajitas, rice, green salad
  • Tuesday - Dinner at the elementary school (Fundraiser)
  • Wednesday - I'm at work
  • Thursday - PW's Penne a la Betsy or as we call it - Shrimp penne in tomato cream sauce
  • Friday - if I can get to the store for cheese, homemade pizza, if I can't probably pulled pork sandwiches since I froze the remaining pulled pork after I made it a few weeks ago.
  • Saturday - FG and I have an awards dinner to attend. *Must Find Sitter!!*

Nothing too exciting or elaborate. But the few nights I cook, we're eating what we've got. The "penne" may actually be macaroni since I used all the penne for the ziti (now THAT sounds silly!). No chicken this week either. I'm giving the fam a chicken break since we're all SICK of it. Though DD always calls pork chicken so she thinks we eat chicken even more than we actually do! She gobbled up the ziti last night too. Oh it was hilarious because she just plowed through it. Usually it's more of a fight. I think the fact it wasn't chicken (of any form, even the pork kind) made it all that more appealing!

I've got my fingers crossed that FG comes home with good news today. A new prospect that will help out the budget. We keep joking that if all the stars align perfectly, we may start to actually feel better about things. Oh I hope so. It will mean more business work for me but oh well. That's fine!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Homemade peach pie AND snickerdoodles?! Sounds heavenly.

Good luck with the new prospect.