Yeah, um, I have NO KITCHEN. Ok, a microwave doesn't really count. I don't have a sink. I have a pantry, a refrigerator and a microwave. That's all folks!
Yesterday my counters were ripped off. Yipee!!! No more wobbly tiles! No more flour in the grout! As I told FG yesterday, it sure was a nice step up from the crappy "wooden" laminate in my old kitchen. I was thrilled to have more counter space and heat proof tiles when we moved in 9 years ago. But I hungered for granite. I wept for it. I longed for the smoothness when rolling anything out. So now, I'm getting it! In the meantime, I have no kitchen.
For a tear-out, my house is relatively clean. I did sweep up the kitchen floor today so we track as little dust into the rest of the house as possible. They put down cloths and runners but still, tearing out tile is dusty.
My little princess starts school today too. It's a big day for her! I know she's ready and I'm ready too. It's sort of hitting me that I no longer have any "little" kids. I have big kids now. I know, 5 isn't really "big" but it's the start of school, with big kids! She'll ride the bus and have her own friends and routines and identity.
I just keep reminding myself that it's so much better than the alternative. I am happy that they are both growing up and thriving and learning and becoming their own people.
I'm hoping my son gets to watch the President's speech today. I can't wait to discuss it with him later! I also hope that the message hits home to those that really need it. I know we stress education in our house but there are many that don't. I hope his message inspires and gives a glimmer of hope to those that need it. Personal responsibility is a good message! And, ahem, pretty far from socialism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
YAY for new counter tops!!! I'm very, very jealous, as I still have crappy wood laminate. :( Oh well... all in good time. And, I completely agree with everything you said about Obama's speech. :)
Awww, that kitchen is functional but it needed some updating. It's just a HUGE expensive job to do all of that! After awhile you just ignore the tiles on the backsplash with the little people on them. LOL! How's school going? Still good?
I long for granite too. It's one of those things on our "Need List". DH and I laugh b/c it seems like we're always saying to each other..."You know what we need?"
Is the project moving along any faster now?
Hey...do you mind if I ask if you pay for that traffic feed link on your blog? That's pretty cool!
Kim
http://whatamigoingtobewhenigrowup.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment