I have never liked it. I was akward as a kid, uncoordinated and fumbling. I hated PE and besides skiing, never really liked anything athletic. I'm an excellent sports fan though. Loyal through thick & thin.
I've also been blessed with a good metabolism. Though as a little kid I hated it. I was all long limbs and knees and elbows. Skinny didn't even describe it. I was just so dang skinny.
Now that I'm in my (gulp) late 30's that metabolism is slowing down a bit and I know I'm pretty out of shape. I'm still thin but I'm not happy with how this thin looks. So I've been doing a good job the past few years of not eating like a pig and being more concious of what and how much goes in my mouth. Yet, I still did not find or like an exercise. This summer I've told myself to just suck it up and do it and I'm glad that I have. I've been walking about 5-6 days per week in the morning. I had a little heart to heart with FG about how I need him to be home (aka, not golfing early in the morning EVERY day before he goes to the office) so I can keep this up. He's been very good about it. It doesn't hurt that the dog is now used to it and excited every morning when we get up. She "sings" and "talks" to me until I get her leash and she's a maniac around the house. She's a good motivator because she would just bug me until we walked if I decided to skip it.
So I've been walking, making myself eat breakfast, more fruit & veggies, using our whatevertheheckitscalled workout equipment to keep my arms & abs toned. I feel better about it. I still don't enjoy it and yes, I would rather just stay in bed and sleep late on these wonderful summer mornings but I'm hauling my butt out of bed so it doesn't get fat.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are way more motivated than you give yourself credit for. I loathe excercise. I know I have to do it, and I try, but it is quite literally painful for me. But I have a really physical job, so I try to cut myself some slack.
Your husband golfs before work? What time does he get up???
Good girl....I too have a hard time juggling this into my hectic schedule....and I need it just as bad.....every little bit counts!
Post a Comment