We took our first baby to camp yesterday. For 5 days. Without us.
He was excited. I was a tad freaked out. He'll be fine and he'll do great and he'll have a blast. Me, I'm reeling from the lack of control and the simple wondering of everything.
Is he cold?
Is he hot?
Did he remember to use sunscreen?
Did he brush his teeth?
Did he sleep well?
Did he eat enough?
Did he dress properly for the day?
Will he get teased?
Will he make new friends?
Will he curse me forever for abandoning him?
Will he never want to come home?
We pick him up on Friday afternoon. It's going to be a loooong week. So today I'm going to clean the carpets in my bedroom and take DD to a birthday party later. She is the one missing him the most I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He is.........all of the above, you'll do fine Mom
Post a Comment