Monday, June 15, 2009

Hey look! A real live menu to post!


It's been a long time!! But I'm trying very hard to get us into a summer routine. Last week was a bit crazy with things scheduled and this week should be more like our "normal" summer. Hopefully I can get into a nice groove. I was recently telling a friend how scattered I feel when I don't have a "plan". I like to have things planned out like Laundry on Thursday, scrub the house on Friday... stuff like that. I am just not a fly by the seat of my pants type girl when it comes to that stuff! I do much much better (as does my family) when I know that certain things need to get done on certain days. Of course, I'm flexible though. Scrubbing a toilet or shower is not going to keep me from an invitation to the park. Well, unless there's mold or something nasty growing that will gross me out to no end but that rarely happens or at least I try to prevent it from happening!
So anyway... the weather should warm up this week finally. We haven't seen rain in a few days and while I'm loving not running the sprinklers and watching the plants dry out I'm sort of over the rain. It should feel like summer soon and we'll be able to pull out the shorts and sundresses! The Farmers Market started back up down the street. I did my weekly fruit & veggie shopping and will happily eat it up until Friday comes around again. Yay!
  • Sunday - Homemade pizzas and garlic knots. SMA took FG and the kids to a baseball game and I had to work until 3. So I made a batch of dough before I went to work & another when I got home. I'm hoping to start keeping dough in the fridge for lunches for the kiddos - healthier than the frozen ones I've been letting them eat!
  • Monday - grilled pork chops with bbq rub served on toasted buns, Farmer's Market (FM) corn on the cob, cabbage slaw salad of some sort (going to search new recipes)
  • Tuesday - I work but I have a baked ziti ready for FG to bake for him and the kids
  • Wednesday - BBQ Chicken thighs and legs (aka CHEAP) in the crock pot, noodles (I may even attempt to make my own since my bread machine will do most of the work, we'll see!), FM green beans
  • Thursday - FG works, grilled chicken w/ alfredo sauce (DD's favorite and her request), noodles, veggies
  • Friday - Tacos, rice, tossed green salad w/ homemade french dressing*
  • Saturday - I work all day so probably take out!

* French Dresssing
1 cup oil

1 cup ketchup

1/2 cup sugar

1 medium onion

1/2 cup vinegar (I use cider vinegar)

2 teaspoons paprika

2 teaspoons salt

1 clove garlic


Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor.

Now I'm off to find a recipe for the cabbage slaw since I'm getting weary of the same two I always make. DD also wants me to find a recipe for strawberry ice cream. I promised her we would make it this week since I froze some of the fresh yummy strawberries I got a couple of weeks ago when they were super cheap. We have one of the wooden ice cream makers that I have to do outside because it's messy and loud but it makes some yummy ice cream!

No comments: