Two weeks worth of
- laundry
- dust on every surface in my house
- grocery shopping to catch up
- crap to put away
- dog crap to pick up (Yeah, FG owes me for that one!)
- spider webs on the swingset to remove
- weeds in the flower beds, yard, rocks
- fattening meals to work off
- friends to catch up with that I missed
- blogs to read!!!
We had a good time. My kids are amazing travellers. They did so well and I'm very proud of them. They enjoyed all the family and it was an overwhelming amount! I have a large family on both my mom and my dad's side and most of them live in the are we visted. So it was a big juggling act to make sure we didn't piss anyone off. I'm terribly bummed I didn't get to even CALL Karly until a couple of days before I had to leave. Karly, I hope you got my message! Most of the time my cell wasn't even working because of the horrid dead zone that my aunt lives in. THAT annoyed me a lot. My DD is now a big 4 year old and boy did she enjoy her shopping trip to Chicago! We took her over there for a couple of days and both kids just loved it. DS loves big cities anyway and DD got to go shopping at the American Girl Place. We didn't do all the fancy stuff but she was pretty content to just wander and look at all the dolls. She picked out an outfit and we got her a t-shirt. DS had some problems with his SID/SPD and did a lot of coping that I'm sure my family found very odd. I just let him go, there wasn't much I could do for him. I didn't even bring up the subject to most of my family to attempt to explain it. I just shrugged it off to them as he wasn't used to all the people and activity and being away from home. That IS what it boiled down to but I knew they would look at him differently if I gave it a label.
So now I'm home and trying to catch up on the list above. I haven't even LOOKED at any blogs. I know that I could and will sit there for hours catching up and right now this family needs some clean underwear!

3 comments:
Dude! I've been waiting for you to get home so I could tell you...I DID get your message but not til Monday morning and by then it was too late! DANG IT! I thought about calling you earlier in the week, but I figured you were pretty busy hanging out with family. It sounds like you had a good time though...jealous about the American Girl store. I need to take CL up there sometime. Did you get to eat at Emo's? And Avanti's?
Dead Zone.............Hello! Don't you have AT&T?
Welcome back. Hope your reentry into reality is smooth.
Post a Comment