Big Brother is watching! Of course, "he" always is anyway but this takes it to a higher level. At least one that makes everyone aware that we are being watched 24/7. :)
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2005-05-03-smart-carts_x.htm
Karly's post over at Wiping Up Snot reminded me of this article. It also made me think of the monotony of grocery shopping. I usually like it but yeah, that is a lot of in & out, in & out. And I bag my own groceries!!! I take my own bags to the store too so I have to take the bags into the store and put the bags back into the car after I empty them. More in & out, in & out. This cart would at least eliminate the need to take it back out of the cart and onto the belt to be scanned. I could just pack it as I scan it. Cool. Too bad the article is from 2005 and I haven't seen one of these carts in my area nearly 3 years later!
Also, an update. I am now going to attend BIL's party this weekend as my sitter is just going to stay at our house for the evening. I told her mom that I appreciate that she wanted to take the kids and have the whole family help out but I would rather the kiddos just stay home for the evening. So if her daughter/our sitter wanted to go where the rest of the family was going, that was perfectly fine and ok with me, but I would just stay home with my kiddos. I guess my sitter decided she would rather have the $$ than go to yet another high school basketball game to watch her cousin (again) and will hang out at my house with my kids. :D Heck, if I was a kid who wanted to make some spending money and was sick of basketball games, I would too!!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment