- I turned 40. gulp. FG had a great party for me. It was 80's themed and everyone got into the spirit. It was fabulous and over too fast and I didn't drink enough because I was up at 7:30 the next morning cleaning the kitchen. Now I'm 40. whoa.
- DS turned 10 (before I turned 40, thank you!). I got to experience having a bunch of little boys around for 2 days straight. I gave him a great party - complete with the chocolate fountain, no cake. I am C-R-A-Z-Y.
- We've had some bumps and bruises at school. Not the literal sort. Thank God we have an amazing principal and counselor at our school. The teacher is not worth a whole hell of a lot. Fourth grade is tough tough tough anyway. But this teacher has one foot out the door of the school since she's been there 25 years. I was about ready to kick her butt the rest of the way. We had a big meeting. FG got to play Bad Cop, I got to play Good Cop. The principal got to play even Badder Cop and the counselor got to play mediator. We got what we wanted, DS seems happier and all is going much better.
- I've been kidnapped by the school PTA. It all started when I volunteered to help out with the first book fair of the year. Our party-loving librarian decided to have a Girls Night Out as a thank you to everyone who volunteered. That included teachers, parents and the principal (thus getting to know her better). Yeah, so that was great and all but becoming friends with a 50 year old librarian with no kids who likes to have parties and do-do-do and go-go-go has not been good for the relaxation part of my life. Now I'm do-do-doing and go-go-going because she ropes me into stuff. It's fun though so the social part of my life has been busy. And really, how many people can say they hang out with the school principal and drink wine and gossip? I've learned SO much from being around these other parents and the more out-going, social teachers who aren't afraid to hang with the parents from the school. It's helped (see above about the Big Meeting).
- This has also caused me to volunteer to take on the membership chair for the PTA next year. Miss Librarian and I did the nominating committee for next year's board. Now suddenly we are signed up to do all sorts of (fun) stuff and going to the PTA convention. I told FG they have a PTA store there and maybe I'll come home with a cool fanny pack or tote bag to show the world I'm a PTA member! He called me a Goober. But really, for membership I have a ploy to fill people's bellies with wine and yummies so they'll volunteer for more stuff. I'm sneaky that way!
- I quit my job at the toystore. My last day is tomorrow. I decided that I was done with it all. I do not like the manager. She is negative. I mean, we work with toys! It's supposed to be FUN. She was such a downer every day. She "hates" everything that comes in and thinks it's all "stupid". She's just not pleasant and honestly, sales are showing! My boss, the store owner, dragged it out of me yesterday so I finally gave her the full scoop. I told her that is what prompted me to start looking for another job. It took a few weeks but I found one that will be challenging and fun at the same time.
- Now I have to find stuff for my kids to do over Spring Break and in the summer. My new job, a Marketing position for three businesses under one umbrella, is flexible and it's still part time but I do need to go to the office. I don't want to start and say, "Oh by the way, care if I work from home all summer?" yeah. not a great way to start off. She's cool, she's flexible but she's still running a business.
- Today I am sorting and tagging a gazillion things for a large consignment sale coming up. It's all kids stuff and it seems like DD suddenly got too old for so many of the toys & games we have. So shortly after Christmas I ruthlessly cleaned things out. Now I'm going to consign as much as I can and what doesn't sell will get donated to charity. I drop it all off on the 24th and will never see it again! Then I just have to sit and wait for my check. I'm really hoping I get a decent amount so I can go buy the little girl some new clothes. She is a weed, I tell ya! She's sooooo tall!!! 6 years old and needs a size 8, at least. Some of her shirts I have been getting in a 10!
- DS has been playing basketball. He's a little guy. Doesn't play very well but dang he loves it and gives it his all! For a kid who doesn't like people too close to him, he is right in the middle of the game. It's awesome to watch! He's totally bummed that the season is ending. :(
- One amazing thing the principal did for my little sensory kid is she got him a sensory cushion! This boy has not sat down in a chair in class in 4 years. Now, he sits. He says he likes the bumps on it. AHHHH-MAZING!
- Other than all of that, I am still plugging away with my coupons and bargain shopping. I've done really well lately and it's been necessary. I've even dragged FG with me and he gets into it too. :) We are still no where close to the "extreme couponers" but I have saved our family a decent amount of money!
Friday, March 11, 2011
Well Hot Damn! It's been awhile!
Let's see... I'll give you a little run down in case you care.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like you've been busy, and having lots of fun! :) And yay for being able to get the right people to look after your son at school!
Post a Comment