I followed along on their website and invited some friends. I knew my biggest obstacle was going to be getting everyone to understand it wasn't a "come buy stuff" type party. Though I didn't know that Ziploc was going to be quite as generous as they were! I expected a few little things to be sent along to pass out. I kept the whole event casual and just told everyone, "Just come over and chat. We'll figure this thing out together."
I didn't have an enormous turnout but it was nice to see the friends that did come. I learned about how these House Parties work. About a week or so before the event (they schedule the day for you), I got my giant box from Ziploc. Holy Moly! I opened it up and found a plethora of containers and big bags. These items weren't centered around food storage but the theme was home organization. You all know I love that!
In the end, I made up some goodie bags, had some light snacks because I held the party in the middle of the afternoon, came up with a couple of creative ways to give away some of the items that I only got one or two of and had a wonderful time chatting with my friends. They were happy to get the goodie bags and coupons too.
I've applied for a couple of other House Parties now that I know how they work. This one was so impressive, I hope any others I get selected to host don't fall short! Here's a couple of pics of the goodie bags & table I set up.

1 comment:
The goodie bags look great. I'm interested to hear what other parties you wind up doing.
Post a Comment