Monday, February 16, 2009

Trying to find the boring side of life

Ok so I don't have any Disney pictures to share yet. I will. Right now I'm just trying to get back into the swing of regular life. I am uneasy and not sure it will ever happen! I don't like chaos. I like normalcy most of the time. But I can't seem to find a "normal" right now. I am looking for a routine that isn't coming easily. Life just feels so odd and scattered. ARGH!


My dryer died. FG bought me a new one (that I went and picked out) last week but it won't arrive until Wednesday sometime. He leaves on Thursday morning for an out of town work trip. He needs underwear on this trip. The kids need underwear too. Want to find out how many clothes you really have? Be without a washer or dryer for awhile and see how you find things to wear! Thankfully, it died right after I had gotten a lot of laundry done. But it's starting to pile up now and I'm not liking it. Even though I tend do do laundry once a week, I am not liking the fact I can't throw in a load of towels just because there's a full load!


No school today. I helped out a friend/neighbor/good client of our business by letting them drop off their 7 year old at 8 am. It threw off my son, who normally loves to have her come over to play. He was a grump while she was here. He wasn't expecting it and she arrived too early for his taste, I think. She was only here for a couple of hours and when her dad picked her up and she begged to stay, I didn't speak up and offer. DS didn't beg along with her, he simply said goodbye to her so that was my cue that it wouldn't be a fun day if she hung around all day.


I am enjoying my new job. It was busy on Saturday when I worked so I got thrown right into it on the register. I had to ask quite a few questions and be walked through certain things but hopefully I did a good job. It's another thing I'm waiting to fall into place. I want to just feel really comfortable with all aspects of the store. I don't like feeling like I can't handle something and that's where I'm at right now.


All of the grandparents want to go to Disney now. None of them have ever been to Disney World. FG and I are considering another trip next January with all of them. God help me. But I understand that they too want to experience the pure joy that the kids have there. And I want the kids to share it with them at a time that they are still young enough to really love it and old enough to remember the experience with their grandparents. This face sums up our trip and who wouldn't want this again???!

No comments: