Thursday, December 06, 2007

Why the funny looks?

Alright, I'm certainly NOT the only one with an ipod (ok, maybe I am because it's not an actual ipod but a regular old MP3 player). So why oh why when I go to the grocery store with my buds in my ears do I get so many dirty looks? Are they not allowed there? I'm no oblivious to the other shoppers, I just don't care to listen to their musings, conversations, arguements or complaints. I'm alone, blissfully alone with noone asking me for ANYTHING, no obligations other than getting the items on my list and trying not to spend too much money. Yet, as I tool along minding my own business and trying to be a courteous shopper, my fingers tapping on the shopping cart handle to my music I get some nasty nasty looks from people! I even have a smile on my face because I'm happy to be out and alone and doing the comparision shopping math in my head. So when I get those nasty looks sent my way, I return it with a smile. F' 'em if they can't be happy too!

Oh side note, apparently my computer was viciously infected and is off at the doctor being de-bugged. FG has been kind enough to let me use his laptop so I don't go into withdrawl. I think he doesn't want to deal with the sweats and shakes that may come with no computer access.

2 comments:

Tip Junkie said...

That's terrible people give you dirty looks. I think it's a great idea to listen while shopping. I hate to grocery shop - that just may be what I need!

Unknown said...

They're just jealous they didn't think to bring their MP3 players... or jealous that they don't have one (like me). Though, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be giving you dirty looks. SNOBS!