Friday, October 05, 2007

Good day

Today is a good day. Sure it's super-crappy weather but it's still a good day.

I got my hair cut & colored this morning. I went darker than usual, closer to my natural color. I love it so far! It's warm and soft. Red, light brown and blonde. Pefect update for fall. Even though I can't afford to update my wardrobe, I needed to get my hair done so I just updated myself with that. I think it will make my old clothes look new on me again. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Then I had lunch with my husband. For some reason I always feel good when he & I go and have a nice lunch together. It wasn't fancy by any means - it was just lunch at a sandwich shop. But we shared a soup and talked and doing things like that always make me feel like a grown-up agin instead of just "Mom". I don't think he even knows what that does for me.

While talking, we went over lots of stuff going on in the business world. It's looking up and he is feeling better and better about things. That just makes ME feel better and better about things.

I picked up the little girl from preschool. She LOVES & ADORES her preschool. It is so wonderful for me to know she is so happy there. We rushed home to meet the school bus. Today was an "early release day" at school. So now I have a little boy with a bunch of energy bugging me because he's used to focusing all that energy into schoolwork at the moment. I can't seem to convince him that today is a good day to veg on the couch! And I really don't want to be that mean mom who makes him do extra schoolwork on a Friday afternoon that is a "day off" either.

Checking my email and my phone messages, I find three that are social invitations for tonight and tomorrow and Sunday! I quickly get ahold of my sitter's mom and ask if she is available tonight. Yahooo! She is! So DH and I are going out for some cocktails with some friends. He needs it BIG TIME. He needs some relaxing fun now that things are seemingly falling into place with the business. Tomorrow is Homecoming and we are tailgating. Sunday is another homecoming gathering for my sorority - though I don't think I can make that one - and then there's a car race out in Fernley in the afternoon. Our friend races and it's the last one of the year. DS would LOVE that and we meant to go all summer and never made it. So we're going to try to get out there and cheer him on.

The three toppers - I just made a wonderful cup of homemade chai (as in, I used a chai teabag, steamed and whipped the milk and added some boiling water and my own honey - YYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMM), my DD is taking a nap without too much protest (she only takes a real one about 1x a month now and definitely needed one today!) and I have on my sexy jeans and high heeled boots.

No comments: